Page 1 of 1

Another hello from Connecticut!

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:51 am
by zooropa42
Hi there, I am new to the forum and would like to say hello! First off, your forum is extremely informative and educational and was integral in helping me choose the type of fish I settled on (pea puffers) and the tank setup and feeding and care, so THANK YOU!!

I recently got a small aquarium with three little pea puffers. I chose them because of their relatively easy care in comparison to larger and more complex fish/setup requirements and the east of acquiring food for them, but most of all, their little spunky attitudes! I adore big personalities in small packages so these guys are a perfect fit. They enjoy their frozen bloodworms and after the third day of having them home, already recognize the food syringe and swim up to it. I had goldfish and koi growing up (along with frogs and snails) and wanted something a little more in the personality department, and these guys are awesome!

Thank you for all your helpful information and posts, and for making this site free for us all to peruse. Have a great day!

Re: Another hello from Connecticut!

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:03 am
by bertie 83
Welcome. Dps are really amazing little fish.

Re: Another hello from Connecticut!

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:31 am
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]
How "small" is small?

Re: Another hello from Connecticut!

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:06 pm
by zooropa42
It's a 5 gallon :)

Re: Another hello from Connecticut!

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:51 am
by Pufferpunk
Minimum 10g for 3. Are they mature enough to be sexed?

Re: Another hello from Connecticut!

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:22 pm
by zooropa42
I've been trying to figure that out myself! I have one "bossy" fish who is semi-territorial and will argue a bit over food, but the fish's markings are light and cloudy. The other two, one of which is smaller, has darker markings but no stripe on the belly or dark around the eyes, so it may be a female. The other one is larger and has dark markings but no striped belly, so I'll see if they "grow into" any colorings in the next few weeks. They are energetic, and really enjoy hunting the snails! So amazing to watch!!