Page 1 of 1

Hi - New Member from Devon - United Kingdom

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:37 am
by mercmad1a
Hi everyone- I am Phil from Paignton in Devon in the United Kingdom and I am today getting my first ever Dog faced Puffer. He is around 6 inches in length and seems in very good health. His fins are spread well and markings are very attractive. Mainly white body with dark blotches and bright yellow fins. He will first be going into my quarantine tank for at least 3 weeks and then, if all is well, will be transferred to my main display tank. Unfortunately, several months ago I had a case of ich in my main tank and lost amongst others a beautiful adult Emporer Angelfish. Like so many I have learnt the hard way by not putting new fish into quarantine first. I guess that I lost near to £500 of fish due to the ich. The only fish I have left in my display is a cleaner wrasse and chalk Bass. So guys listen to the forum and make sure you have a quarantine/ hospital tank.
Anyway, I am looking forward to studying my new Puffer and bonding with him. Any tips on the Dog face will be greatly appreciated. After joining The Puffer Forum I have already learnt much more about Puffers and I must admit that I am quite excited about my new purchase and will update the forum on his progress.

Re: Hi - New Member from Devon - United Kingdom

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:36 am
by bertie 83
Hi and welcome to the forum

Re: Hi - New Member from Devon - United Kingdom

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:35 am
by purplecandle
[welcome]

Pics of your new porky when you get the chance!

Re: Hi - New Member from Devon - United Kingdom

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:23 pm
by defool89
Hello and welcome from Texas USA :cheers: