Page 1 of 1
Shrimp
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:05 pm
by Horsegirlmaddy
I was wondering-does the exoskeleton of ghost shrimp help at all with puffer teeth, in addition to snails? What's your experience?
Re: Shrimp
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:25 pm
by G S P Freak
I would say they probably make very little difference in keeping teeth trim like snails do. Ghost shrimp have relatively soft shells, and I can't see how they would keep teeth trimmed. Regular cocktail shrimp (raw unshelled) have a much harder shell and are more appropriate for keeping beaks trim, along with snails ofc. I see ghost shrimp as nothing more then occasional treats, that can be gut-loaded and let loose in the tank when I'm on break for a few days =P. I find snails to work the best for my f8, they're the only thing he really crunches into. He eats the shrimp I feed him out of the shell, completely avoiding the shell part, which I often vacuum up at WC time, so his only beak-trimming food I feed him atm is snails.