Page 1 of 1

Hello from Arizona

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:01 am
by boosted23
Hello, My name is justin and i am going to be starting my first puffer tank. I am going to be purchasing a fahaka or cross river puffer. I just bought my tank to house it. I got a 150 gallon 48" long x 24" wide x 31" tall. I am still getting a few more things to get it all setup and am gong to be stripping and refinishing the stand. I have done alot of research on these species and still have alot more to learn. That is why i joined this site cause i want first hand experiences with these beautiful species. I want to get the right equipment first before i purchase because i want it to be healthy and happy from day one. I hope to gain vast knowledge to do so on this site.

Re: Hello from Arizona

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:19 am
by sgtmyers88
Welcome to the forum! I had a tank just like that but had to regretfully sell it when I moved from another state a few months ago. I really liked that tank and the extra width it provided. For a fish that gets larger than 12 inches the wisdom for having a wide tank becomes even more clear.

Re: Hello from Arizona

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:28 am
by defool89
Hello welcome ask away on anything you are doubtful on. Chances are someone has been there already

Re: Hello from Arizona

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:46 am
by boosted23
Thank you guys, I just purchased my first house so that is why i am gonna be getting my dream fish. If i was still renting i wouldnt be doing this tank cause i don't want to move it and the tank everytime i move.lol i got a good deal on the tank. I was looking for months for this tank. I will definately be asking alot of questions and researching this site cause i have ALOT more to learn on these fish.

Re: Hello from Arizona

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:21 am
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]
Are you putting the tank on an outside wall? Is there a basement under it?
Be sure to check out the great articles in our Library: library/water-filtration/fishless-cycling/

Re: Hello from Arizona

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:42 am
by boosted23
outside wall? The tank is gonna be in the corner of my dining area where there are two windows by the tank. There is no basement. It is rare in arizona to have a basement. it is on the bottom floor not my second story.

Re: Hello from Arizona

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:52 am
by Pufferpunk
That's good to hear. I have to use floor joists to hold mine up from in the basement.

Re: Hello from Arizona

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:52 am
by bertie 83
Hi and welcome