Page 1 of 2

Not good

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:32 pm
by PolishPuff
I was siting and thinking, how too name this thread. My mind want blank.

Yesterday my downstairs neighbor(landlord) called me when I was at my friends house for dinner "I got water dripping on my coffee table from upstairs?!!!"
I went numb. I was not far, so I got in to my car and drove home.

When I got home door to my apartment were open and there he was, with towels and buckets on his knees trying to contain the water. And that look :onfire:

About 80% of water in a 125gal tank was missing :durr: You can imagine the damage :( :lilhelp:

Some how an outtake on a FLUVAL FX5 got loose and went outside the tank. Intake was taking water in to the filter and out through the outtake tube which was outside the tank. I didnt secure it the right way. This is all my fault :sorry:

Now, as you would figure I need to sell everything. I would like to give you guys couple days head start be for I'll place ad on craigslist.

125gal tank wooden trim and a wooden stand. In my honest opinion very good condition.
2x double T5's 36inch
Fluval FX5

PLS PM me if interested.
I got whole bunch of stuff but this is that I need too get rid of first.

Re: Not good

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:54 pm
by bertie 83
Man that sucks. Is the landlord forcing sale?

Re: Not good

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 pm
by geronimo69
I was kinda wondering the same... totally sucks, but is it a forced sale? Hate when things like this happen.

Re: Not good

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:02 pm
by PolishPuff
bertie 83 wrote:Man that sucks. Is the landlord forcing sale?
Well, they are very easy going people, older couple. Today at breakfast then were laughing about it, and I had a stone cold face. So far they dont want me to pay for damages, they are cool about it "things like that happen' they say. My wife on the other hand wants me to quit this hobby till we will buy a house.

Re: Not good

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:32 pm
by defool89
If you were in dallas i would totally pm you.

Re: Not good

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:05 pm
by Flutter
Oh dear, sorry to hear about that :(

Re: Not good

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:14 pm
by G S P Freak
Oh wow, that sucks.... I'd take the whole setup (Fahaka included!) but being in a college dorm, I barely have enough room for my 30g lol. I've been dreaming of owning a fahaka! I'd go for the filter, but I recently just upgraded my fluval 205 to a 305, which is more then enough for a 30g. Good luck selling your stuff off, and sorry you had to do so =/.

Re: Not good

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:18 pm
by PolishPuff
Thank you.

Just too bad this whole thing is not a dream. :(

Re: Not good

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:18 am
by Pufferpunk
Where's the puffer right now?

Re: Not good

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:40 am
by PufferMe!
I feel so bad for you. This is one of my biggest fears. We have a laminate wood floor and water would completely ruin it. My husband would be beyond mad.

I'm leaving for a long weekend to Chicago on Friday morning!

Gwen

Re: Not good

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:39 am
by PolishPuff
Pufferpunk wrote:Where's the puffer right now?
Hes at my friend house. He has 30gal hospital tank.

This was the best option at the time.

Re: Not good

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:53 am
by Pufferpunk
What are your plans for him? How big is he now?

Re: Not good

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:14 am
by purplecandle
This is an awful situation.. every fish keepers worst nightmare..losing the fish and damages$. Hopefully you will find a good home! :sorry:

Re: Not good

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:38 am
by PolishPuff
Pufferpunk wrote:What are your plans for him? How big is he now?
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31350

Re: Not good

Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:24 am
by PolishPuff
Good news.

After 125 gal tank "spill" my wife finally agreed to a 10 gal tank. Sure, 10 gal tank is not much compering to my 125gal I used to have, but as long as I will own a puffer I'm happy :D

10 gal will include 3 Dwarf puffers :D :D :D