Page 1 of 1

Marineland 65 Gallon Saltwater Tank W/ Corner-Flo

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:27 pm
by xCountryQueenx
This afternoon I decided to take a trip to one of the more experienced fish stores in our area, and I fell in love with one of the fish tanks they had on display in the front. It is a 65-Gallon Marineland model with Corner-Flo technology (hidden filter)? I thought it looked pretty cool, and it was reasonably priced. I don't get paid until next Friday, but I know where I will be as soon as I deposit my paycheck! What are your thoughts on this model, does anybody have any experience with it? The tank is not very long, or very wide, but it is pretty tall - which I liked, as it gives me more space in the room.

I was planning on putting my Green Spotted Puffer in a 40-Gallon aquarium, but after seeing this... why not? It's exactly what I've wanted... and at this price, I just can't miss out! Now that I have a bigger tank to work with, what would you suggest for tank mates and how would you go about decorating the tank? Also, how do you establish a saltwater tank... this will be my first saltwater tank and I want to make sure everything goes smoothly and I'm doing everything right.

If anyone has any input, I would love to hear it! :)

Re: Marineland 65 Gallon Saltwater Tank W/ Corner-Flo

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:51 am
by bertie 83
What is the footprint of the tank? Tank mates are touch and go tbh

Re: Marineland 65 Gallon Saltwater Tank W/ Corner-Flo

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:41 pm
by geronimo69
Corner flo? Do you mean corner over-flo? Sounds like this tank requires a sump... not so much a hidden filter ;-)

PM me. I'll tell you all about setup.

Re: Marineland 65 Gallon Saltwater Tank W/ Corner-Flo

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:41 am
by xCountryQueenx
This is what he quoted me on and what I plan on purchasing tomorrow, am I missing anything??

-Filter 100Gal Wet/Dry W/ Sponge & Hose
-R/O 2500 Pump
-Glass Cover
-Light (LED - 150Watt)
-Background
-60Lbs Live Sand
-Heater
-Tank (65Gal W/ Corner-Flo)
-Stand (Black Birch)

Re: Marineland 65 Gallon Saltwater Tank W/ Corner-Flo

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:03 am
by Pufferpunk
Price? Skip the wet/dry, you don't need it. Also the LED lights, unless you plan on keeping corals.

Re: Marineland 65 Gallon Saltwater Tank W/ Corner-Flo

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:08 am
by xCountryQueenx
Roughly... $1,000.00 but possibly less... Waiting on price of stand. :)

Re: Marineland 65 Gallon Saltwater Tank W/ Corner-Flo

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:11 am
by Pufferpunk
Waaaaaay too much! Unless you're rich, go to Craigslist & get something used. I got an entire 90g reef-ready system, with wood canopy, stand, 20g sump & AGM-2 skimmer, for $600.

Re: Marineland 65 Gallon Saltwater Tank W/ Corner-Flo

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:18 am
by xCountryQueenx
I have money to spend and the set-up is gorgeous!! I don't feel comfortable with purchasing off Craigslist, I did look.

Re: Marineland 65 Gallon Saltwater Tank W/ Corner-Flo

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:23 am
by Pufferpunk
Just keep my other comments in mind. You don't need all that stuff. Save your $$$ for a good slimmer, live rock & powerheads.

Re: Marineland 65 Gallon Saltwater Tank W/ Corner-Flo

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:28 am
by Pufferpunk
Instead of the wet/dry, get a sump of at least 1/3 the size of the tank.

Re: Marineland 65 Gallon Saltwater Tank W/ Corner-Flo

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:36 am
by xCountryQueenx
What's a sump and what's the difference? I'm pretty new to this!

Re: Marineland 65 Gallon Saltwater Tank W/ Corner-Flo

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:39 am
by Pufferpunk
Might want to read more: http://www.melevsreef.com/