Page 1 of 1

Puffer addict still not cured...

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:14 pm
by Master of Puffers
So after 12 years and a move across the pond....i'm still addicted to those loverly big-eyed smart liitle and not so little fishies....

ATM I only have 1 puffer a red tailed red eye puffer(Carinotetradon Lorteti)eta it's Carinotetradon irrubesco Ty my beloved/ eta....... Previously i/we kept...


T MBu
T Lineatus (fahaka)
Takifugu oblongus
Takifugu ocellatus
T biocellatus
T cutcutia
T nigroviridus
T palembangensis
T Miurus
T Suvatti
T Turgidis
Auriglobus modestus
Carinotetradon irrubesco m+f
Carinotetradon travancoricus (DP)
Colomesus asellus
T abei
T duboisi
Carinotetradon Lorteti
T leirus
T Fluviatilis

Most of them at the same time....Looking forward to getting more puffers as soon as is possible...

Re: Puffer addict still not cured...

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:31 pm
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]
That's quite a list!

Re: Puffer addict still not cured...

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:53 pm
by Master of Puffers
Thanks for the welcome...I had a lot of puffers and enjoyed every minute with them. I had the mbu , fahaka and oblongus tame enough to hand feed from me. The care they took not to bite the hand that fed them was intereasting.

Shame some of the smaller puffs though I was just another part of lunch.

At the height of my/our puffer keeping i had ITRO 20 tanks...from a 6x2x2 ( 200 imp gal/1000 l) down to a 12 inch cube. my fave was a 4ftx 2 ft x18 inch which I had brachish puffs ( F8 and GSps) archer fish and some mud-skippers..along with at various times gobies and scats..we used to catch flies to give the archers some practice

Re: Puffer addict still not cured...

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:32 am
by bertie 83
Welcome to the forum, I'm quite glad that Lfs near me rarely get puffers as I am trying to wind down on tanks lol

Re: Puffer addict still not cured...

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:00 am
by Flutter
Welcome :)