Page 1 of 1
Hello de NANTES (FRANCE)
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:32 am
by secco
Hello, I am 45 years Patricia, I live in France and I possess 5 Carinotetraodon Travancoricus in a nano cube Dennerle 60litres
http://youtu.be/OfAqDUibF4k
Re: Hello de NANTES (FRANCE)
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:45 am
by PufferMe!
Welcome!

Your tank is absolutely stunning! You've done an incredible job with placing and growing plants. How long have you had your tank set up?
Gwen
Re: Hello de NANTES (FRANCE)
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:20 am
by bertie 83
Hello and welcome to the forum. However I have to say there is too many fish for a 15 g, any plans on an upgrade? You have about 30g worth of puffers alone
Re: Hello de NANTES (FRANCE)
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:57 am
by Pufferpunk
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)
I would love to live in your tank!
Re: Hello de NANTES (FRANCE)
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:40 am
by geronimo69
C'est beau! J'adore le placement des roches! Vous avez faites un très bon travaille!
Re: Hello de NANTES (FRANCE)
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:24 am
by secco
PufferMe! wrote:Welcome!

Your tank is absolutely stunning! You've done an incredible job with placing and growing plants. How long have you had your tank set up?
Gwen
Thank you, the aquarium is on the road since May 30, 2012 ...
Here is a link for more photos:
http://www.aqualifestyle-france.com/t85 ... icus#81257
Re: Hello de NANTES (FRANCE)
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:30 am
by secco
bertie 83 wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum. However I have to say there is too many fish for a 15 g, any plans on an upgrade? You have about 30g worth of puffers alone
In France, it is recommended for a puffer 10 litres , but I'm daccord, ideally should be one fish per 20 liters, as many of my aquarium vegetation and a single male.
http://www.aqualifestyle-france.com/t85 ... icus#81267
Otocinclus for they love to be many :
http://www.youtube.com/v/ilnitMs1LRk
Re: Hello de NANTES (FRANCE)
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:59 pm
by Flutter
Your tank is slightly overstocked with puffers but not horribly so (I don't know what other fish are in there). Keep an eye out on water quality and aggression between the fish.
Re: Hello de NANTES (FRANCE)
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:32 pm
by secco
geronimo69 wrote:C'est beau! J'adore le placement des roches! Vous avez faites un très bon travaille!
Thank you, I seek to achieve a particular habitat in southern India and Sri lanka
http://www.pufferforum.fr/forum/plantes ... etraodons/
http://iridealone.blogspot.com/2009_06_01_archive.html
http://www.zwergkugelfisch.de/Herkunft.html
Re: Hello de NANTES (FRANCE)
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:39 pm
by secco
Flutter wrote:Your tank is slightly overstocked with puffers but not horribly so (I don't know what other fish are in there). Keep an eye out on water quality and aggression between the fish.
I do not think 1 male and 4 female is much in 60 liters ... Dwarf Otocinclus on no problem of cohabitation, that is even the only fish that can live in an aquarium specific Carinotetraodon travancoricus
I have a very powerful filtration (without violent stream of water) and I do water changes of 50% each week

Re: Hello de NANTES (FRANCE)
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:11 pm
by bertie 83
We have members who have singleton dps in 20 g and 10g tanks. You need suitable amounts of water to dissolve their waste. 11 fish in 60l of water gives less than 6l each. Nimft
Re: Hello de NANTES (FRANCE)
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:22 am
by secco
There are 11 fish but not living at the same level ... if you watch this video you will see that the Otocinclus do not need large spaces but to live in groups.
http://www.youtube.com/v/ilnitMs1LRk
Against by the puffers would be more comfortable in a larger I'm ok. But the balance to a male 4 females that there is no problem of territory, hiding places and plants are also essential.
In short, if I could I offer them bigger but for now it is not possible as I do the most for their happiness
Re: Hello de NANTES (FRANCE)
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:28 pm
by Iliveinazoo
lovely tank
Re: Hello de NANTES (FRANCE)
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:02 am
by secco
Thank you very much, I confess to having trouble with the plant Rotala macranda, yet I am providing a lot of fertilizer and light 1 watt for 1 liter
Merci beaucoup , j'avoue avoir du mal avec une plante la Rotala macranda , pourtant je fais un apport engrais et beaucoup de lumiere 1 watt pour 1 litre
Re: Hello de NANTES (FRANCE)
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:28 am
by Iliveinazoo
It's red so probably very demanding on CO2 and light, maybe CO2 injection required?