Page 1 of 1

Hello All...

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:30 pm
by Kimahri88
Hello All,

Just thought I would introduce myself, I'm Hayley from the UK. I've been keeping puffers for quite a few years, but after losing my last GSP, Bongo (around 2 years ago) I didn't have the heart to buy another straight away. Recently, and by complete fluke I seem to have found myself in ownership of a rather large puffer that would appear to have all the characteristics of a Giant Spotted Puffer - which hopefully will spark an interesting debate because I could do with a little insight :wink:

Thanks in advance for any help! Any advice regarding the species of this puffer would be much appreciated

I've uploaded a few more pictures on here too

Re: Hello All...

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:43 pm
by Troender
[welcome]

Re: Hello All...

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:35 pm
by PolishPuff
Welcome, great looking puffer :D

Re: Hello All...

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:04 pm
by bertie 83
Welcome to the forum, where you from? Great looking puffer you got there, Corvus should be along shortly to Id it for you.

Re: Hello All...

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:29 pm
by Kimahri88
bertie 83 wrote:Welcome to the forum, where you from? Great looking puffer you got there, Corvus should be along shortly to Id it for you.

Thank you. I live in Somerset, but my family are from Cambridge originally.

This little, or should I say big guy is somewhat of a mystery to me. I rescued him from a small sump in an aquatic store my friend works at - couldn't stand to see him all cramped like that - but it's difficult to provide the best care without knowing exactly what he is!

Re: Hello All...

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:48 pm
by bertie 83
Corvus will be able to help, watch out for his post. You will then know exactly what you are dealing with

Re: Hello All...

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:55 am
by zulfvdlee
i was wondering,why is it some GSP and like really green while others arent.does it have something to do with their living conditions or its just normal?

Re: Hello All...

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:52 am
by Corvus
Looks like the T. cf. sabahansis owned by Hilly.

See viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24361&start=0