Page 1 of 1

Hi Everybody

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:19 pm
by Zombie Puffer
Hello

I'm new to keeping a Puffer I bought a Figure of Eight Puffer on the weekend, I know the basics like they are better to be alone which is ok because I've put him in a small Tropical tank on his own and they need to eat things like Brine shrimp and Blood worms frozen or alive and Trumpet Snails.

I was wondering if there was anything else I should need to know and if I was to put another fish into the tank what would be my best choice?.

Re: Hi Everybody

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:53 pm
by Terrance
Hello. If you're already read the figure 8 article, then you should already know most things about this fish. 50% water change, premix water with marine salt, salt level of 1.003-1.005, and feed crustaceans.

Knight goby or bumblebee goby or mollies. Depends on size of your tank.

See you around.

Re: Hi Everybody

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:52 pm
by sgtmyers88
Avoid the Malaysian Trumpet Snails as it can actually hurt them to eat those because their shell is too hard for them.

Re: Hi Everybody

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:44 am
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]
How small is the tank? How did you cycle it?
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=28692

Re: Hi Everybody

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:47 pm
by LooksLater
Welcome!! I am glad you have joined the puffer ranks! There is a plethora of info on the web and on this forum (and others), and I'm sure if you have any specific questions, or run into problems (hope not!) everyone would be happy to help. :)