Page 1 of 1

Hello all from upstate NY

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:12 am
by GSPicthus
Hello all,

My name is Justin and I have been keeping fresh and brackish water puffers for about 12 years now. I have been keeping aquariums for about 25 years. Puffers are by far may favorite fish. I have had GSP's, Figure 8's, dwarf, bumble bee, and avocado puffer.

I currently don't have any puffers. About a year ago I lost my 4 year old GSP when I went on vacation and the person taking care of my fish really over fed him polluting the water. So I now have a 75 gallon and am looking for a new puffer. I am not sure yet what I am going to get probably another GSP or Cylon. Where I live now I am having a hard time finding them so if any of you know anyone selling puffers please let me know. I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Justin

Re: Hello all from upstate NY

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:48 am
by bertie 83
Welcome to the forum

Re: Hello all from upstate NY

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 pm
by LooksLater
Welcome! Good luck finding a new puffer buddy.

Re: Hello all from upstate NY

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:33 pm
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]
Sorry for your loss... :( You might have been better off just letting him go hungry for a week.

Re: Hello all from upstate NY

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:11 pm
by GSPicthus
Hello all and thanks for the welcome.

@pufferpunk I learned my lesson. Now when I have to go away I measure food out in little zip lock baggies and date them.

Re: Hello all from upstate NY

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:04 pm
by suvattii2012
[welcome]

Re: Hello all from upstate NY

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:21 pm
by bertie 83
Or do what we do and feed well before you go and do an extra w/ c before and after. They will go a week no probs, or get someone to Feed them once