Page 1 of 1

Vitamins

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:27 pm
by Perry the Pufferfish
Well I finally got my tank cycled, and on the advice of others on this forum I got Figure 8 instead of a GSP. He looks and acts very healthy. The LFS was feeding them frozen Krill, so I bought some of that, and I already had frozen Mussells and Clams. So he will be eating them until my snail colony takes off. He eats and and his belly stays rounded for a while, but I know that it is good practice to treat for IP's right off the bat.

So I am getting Tetras parasite med. But my question is what kind of vitamins should I be using to soak his food in also? I tried using the Search but its not working and I read thru the first 6 pgs of the Hospital forum here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also params are: Amm = 0, Nitrite = 0, Trates = <5.

Re: Vitamins

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:39 pm
by Flutter
Most people use Vitachem.

Sorry about the search function, we're working on upgrading to a new server.

Re: Vitamins

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:46 pm
by Pufferpunk
Vita-Chem makes a good vitamin, so does Zoe. also, if he doesn't like the taste of the medicated food, soak in garlic.

Re: Vitamins

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:54 pm
by Perry the Pufferfish
Thanks guys, no where local carries any of the vitamins. SO have to order them but thanks for the help.