Page 1 of 1

New to the forum

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:04 pm
by cfl1974
and puffers, but not to aquaria.
Hi, I'm Jill. I have been keeping Central and South American cichlids for somewhere around 10 years. I have deviated from cichlids here & there, but that has been my focus. i am also absentee mod/admin on cichlidforums.com. My interest has somewhat drifted away from cichlids.
My husband & I have a garage fishroom, here in NC, with somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 tanks running. Our interest is in "tankbusters" and discus. So we don't have many tanks under 75 gallons running. The largest operational tank is 525 gallons. The largest tank currently out of service is 600 gallons. It has a leak that we're working on.
Anyway - That's my fish chops.
I'm here because I have an empty 120 "show" (4' x 2' x 2'), and I've really wanted a fahaka puffer for a long time, and I think the hubby is definitely on board.
Hopefully I won't ask too many repetitive questions. After 8 years on cichlidforums, that's why I'm "absentee".

Re: New to the forum

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:09 pm
by J-P
welcome aboard!
Your choice of puffer isn't unique. There are lots of post and care requirements here on the forum.

if you can't find the answer.. be free to ask away! PufferPunk and some of the other Fahaka owners will be glad to chime in :)

Re: New to the forum

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:49 pm
by cfl1974
Yeah. I know fahakas are pretty common. I will assume it's one of the larger freshwater puffers suitable to home aquaria (unlike mbu), that is relatively easy to find.
That plus being wicked cute, I'm sure, accounts for it's popularity. :D

Re: New to the forum

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:54 pm
by bertie 83
Welcome to the forum

Re: New to the forum

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:13 pm
by DrKennethNoisewater
they are a very nice puffer. i have only seen a few in real life and never owned one but i would love to one day. welcome.

Re: New to the forum

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:07 am
by Pufferpunk
Filbert says, [welcome]
Image