Page 1 of 1
Snail tnak
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:54 pm
by Perry the Pufferfish
Hello, my tank finally completed its cycle this weekend. I am waiting until next weekend to get my puffer though. In the meantime I am starting my snail tank so that he will have a steady supply. I was wondering if some of you with snail tanks setup could post pics of them, so I could see how they are setup. I made a sponge filter and I have a heater. But I don't know how much water I should keep in the tank. It's a 10 gal by the way. Thanks for any advice you could give me.
Re: Snail tnak
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:04 pm
by Srkoe
Fill it all the way up and keep it simple. Snail tank are a pain to clean.
Re: Snail tnak
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:40 pm
by ILoveLola
Don't do gravel, that's for sure. I made the mistake of putting gravel in mine, it was NEVER clean. when I switched them to a different tank, I painted the bottom (outside) black so it wouldn't look too strange.
Re: Snail tnak
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:42 pm
by Srkoe
+1
Re: Snail tnak
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:36 pm
by JRC3
Yep, mine is bare bottom.
I also use this as a filter and don't have a problem with snails clogging it.
