Page 1 of 1

Puffer Diet

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:39 pm
by Sundieseldog
Hello Everyone,
I know next to nothing about puffers. I have always considered them a saltwater family, and I'm a freshwater guy. BUT, now I am considering them as a fish that could help rid me of excess guppies. I've read that they eat snails, nip at fins and like live food, but can I count on them to eat adult guppies.
I am looking for something interesting to help me with my excess guppies.
Thanx
RWS
P.S. This is the first forum that I have ever contacted, but I have found very little info regarding my question

Re: Puffer Diet

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:33 pm
by zombiefetus
For most puffers fish aren't a good diet for them. (Surely you can just give them to a Local Fish Store? Or give them away on craigslist?). Puffers can be a lot of work, they're messy and scaleless, so they need large tanks with perfect water conditions (most puffer keepers do large weekly water changes).

Re: Puffer Diet

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 pm
by Pufferpunk
Your guppies would be the perfect diet for the piscivore puffer species. See the Pufferpedia for the Monotrete species.

Re: Puffer Diet

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:24 am
by J-P