Page 1 of 3
New from Sweden!
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:57 am
by Starfighter
Hello!
I'm a 25 year old guy from sweden, very much into martial arts and now fishes
I got an 120L Malawi tank and I now baught an 54L tank for my fig 8 puffer!
Dotte is the name of it because of the dots!
Right now my fig 8 is with the Malawis and all is well except when feeding it, so thats why i bought the 54L tank.
Its nothing special with the tank, it's a real cheap one but that was what i could afford right now.
But i've already modified it a bit, painted the top White and i have also put on a White film on the left side to make it shade out the light from the tank a little bit.
it's standing next to the TV.
I will uppdate u all with some photos when the puffer is in the tank!

Re: New from Sweden!
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:57 am
by Tim
Welcome

, I am looking forward to those promised pictures

Re: New from Sweden!
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:46 am
by Troender
I'm curious about where in Sweden you live. I live only 45 minutes of driving from the Swedish border.
Re: New from Sweden!
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:01 am
by Tim
Troender wrote:
I'm curious about where in Sweden you live. I live only 45 minutes of driving from the Swedish border.
http://maps.google.se/maps?q=B%C3%A5lst ... 4n&t=h&z=9
If the city is correct

, I'd say about 3 hours by bicycle for me.
Re: New from Sweden!
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:52 pm
by DrKennethNoisewater
welcome! id love to see pictures of the other tank also!
Re: New from Sweden!
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:20 am
by Starfighter
So now stuff have happend!
The tank is decorated, full with water and the fish is inside
i also bought some snails that i hope will get their freak on so i can get som baby's to feed my puffer with.
Here are some photo's
kulfisk.JPG
kulfisk1.JPG
kulfisk3.jpg
kulfisk4.jpg
kulfisk2.jpg
Re: New from Sweden!
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:00 am
by bertie 83
They are gold apple snails. Did you seed this tanks filter with media from your malawi tank?
Re: New from Sweden!
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:55 am
by Starfighter
bertie 83 wrote:They are gold apple snails. Did you seed this tanks filter with media from your malawi tank?
Yes i did, and i also put in 50% from the water from the other tank as well
This gold apple snails, is this ok food for my Puffer?
Re: New from Sweden!
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:26 am
by Tim
Starfighter wrote:bertie 83 wrote:They are gold apple snails. Did you seed this tanks filter with media from your malawi tank?
Yes i did, and i also put in 50% from the water from the other tank as well
This gold apple snails, is this ok food for my Puffer?
The baby ones mayhaps, but I remember apple snails as being quite large.
Re: New from Sweden!
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:31 am
by Starfighter
Tim wrote:
The baby ones mayhaps, but I remember apple snails as being quite large.
Yeah that was what i thought, the other ones are kinda big

Re: New from Sweden!
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:02 am
by Pufferpunk
Nice decorating job! How big is his tank?
Re: New from Sweden!
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:48 am
by Starfighter
Pufferpunk wrote:Nice decorating job! How big is his tank?
It's 54L tank

Re: New from Sweden!
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:55 am
by Starfighter
I have one question, right now this is a freshwater tank, i've heard both that it they should be in breckishwater?(dont know the spelling in english) and that they can live in freshwater with no problems aswell.
The only thing is, if i make it breckish?, what kind of more fishes can i have togheter with my puffer?
i had it with Malawi's and it was no problems.
If it continues to be a freshwater tank, what other fishes can i have togheter with it?
Should i put a pleco in the tank to clean up a littlebit?
Re: New from Sweden!
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:14 am
by Tim
Starfighter wrote:I have one question, right now this is a freshwater tank, i've heard both that it they should be in breckishwater?(dont know the spelling in english) and that they can live in freshwater with no problems aswell.
The only thing is, if i make it breckish?, what kind of more fishes can i have togheter with my puffer?
i had it with Malawi's and it was no problems.
If it continues to be a freshwater tank, what other fishes can i have togheter with it?
Should i put a pleco in the tank to clean up a littlebit?
I believe a Figure 8 puffer requires low brackish water at a salinity of between 1.005 and 1.008 specific gravity. In that 54L I wouldn't really add anything else.
Re: New from Sweden!
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:38 pm
by Pufferpunk
Looks like a GSP to me.