Page 1 of 1

Anything else needed?

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:52 pm
by alex the bear
This is the 12gal tank Im currently cycling ready for a couple of dps, quetion is being that their my first puffers is there anything else I need to do to the tank for them? E.g decor, plants or substrate. I know its got good enough filtration as Im running 3 internals :lol: do dps enjoy water movment and if so do they like it random or in a current? Having 3 filters i can cross the flows or have them all facing the same way.

I would say Im about a week off from being fully cycled, my Ph is around 7.4 - 7.6 Nitrites are going quicly now and 4ppm ammonia is gone within hrs.

Thanks
IMAG0598.jpg
DSCF0641.jpg

Re: Anything else needed?

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:57 pm
by bertie 83
More decor will be good. Due to tank shape do not buy more than 2. I know how irresistable they are but that will not be suitable for more than 2

Re: Anything else needed?

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:21 pm
by JRC3
Looks good. Some type if full length plane that they can get in to hide and sleep would be good. And a background...It looks better and I think it makes the fish feel more secure.

Re: Anything else needed?

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:43 am
by alex the bear
Thanks, yes a background is coming tomorrow, can't imagine dps get many coffee coloured tiles in the wild :lol: I was possibly thinking of one of those Easter island heads as they're quite tall and have places for hiding, either that or ill drill out a lump of bogwood?

Re: Anything else needed?

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:04 am
by Nuclear_Glitter
Either would be fine. They do love to have hiding places.