Page 1 of 2
ok ok... so im a nerd...
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:17 am
by jus85411
so i have been incredibly busy the past month or so, probably more as time seems to be going way too fast. i havent been able to spend much time on the forum(i have just been kind of poking in and leaving) as work has been crazy, work at the second job has been crazy with losing a few people so i picked up more hours(that i already felt like i didnt have extra of) but i still come home from my late days and sit down in front of the tv to play some playstation3 lol

i dont like watching tv or movies, i tend to fall asleep almost regardless of what time it is or how tired/not tired i am. i just get too bored to watch a show/movie and i sure as heck dont have time to watch shows that are a series(lost, sons, not even sopranos

) i barely had time to meet with the person from craigslist i sold my fish tank to...
so my point of this thread is to see who the other nerds(ps3 or xbox) are on here, if any... and then what games do you like to play? to comply with this thread state which game console you have whether it be playstation 1/2/3, xbox/360, PC, atari even lol. psn id or xbox handle are optional and what games you like to play! i will try to frequent more, i really like this forum and the people. more downtime seems to be on the horizon

Re: ok ok... so im a nerd...
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:26 am
by J-P
well xboxer here.
Love:
Need for Speed Series
Command and Conquer
Like:
First person shooters but I finish them way too quickly
Army of 2 (6 days)
Halo (4 Days) ** the higher the number went in the sequence the shorter the game time was, which sucked.
Gears of War (4 days)
Re: ok ok... so im a nerd...
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:57 am
by goldielocke76
I'm a World of Warcraft and Diablo nerd! I can't wait until D3 comes out ^.^
I also like Spyro and Kingdom Hearts for the PS3, but I don't play those hardly at all anymore. I play WoW when I am not in school (to play while in school would be a very, very bad idea).
Re: ok ok... so im a nerd...
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:02 pm
by jus85411
nice JP! i knew there would be others here

im a big fan of need for speed also but i havent picked up any since ps2 days... i stopped gaming for a bit. i would love to get the hot pursuit though. first person shooters only have so much replay-ability to me. i got sick of black ops pretty quickly but battlefield 3 is supposed to be really sick so im going to get that.
lol i didnt even comply with my own thread...
ps3 user here, debating on getting an xbox depending how i like gears of war 3 when i try it over a friends house. i have access to pretty good priced systems from a friend at a pawn shop
psn id: PhillyPhils08 (add if you want, just write in a message your forum name

)
games i have:
gta4, fifa 11, madden 11(never played it lol), battlefield bad company 2, warhawk, tom clancy rainbow six vegas 2, call of duty black ops, sims 3...
and this little gem of a game called "supersonic acrobatic rocket-powered battle cars" lol, we just call it sarp or sarp-bc. its only on the playstation network and only $10. literally the only game i have ever played to keep me wanting to play it more and more for the amount of time that it has. its basically car soccer, you pick up full turbo boost packs or you can drive over the blips on the map that give you a little turbo at a time. with the turbo you can speed around and smash people, or you can use your turbo and fly your car for some insane goals haha. a pretty small community play this game. sony and the devs of this game are running a promotion starting tuesday oct 4, "sarpbc" will be free for playstation plus members for a few weeks
anyway enough about that game...
i was a big fan of resident evil, need for speed, mortal kombat and madden but i havent touched these games in years. i mostly just play the sarpbc game or gta4 with the little time i spend gaming. a new game is coming out for playstation network and pc called "payday: the heist", supposed to be really good and im getting that as well
Re: ok ok... so im a nerd...
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:07 pm
by J-P
if you are going waaaayyyy back... mine was Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct. Eyedol was my character... and you could probably find posts floating around with that alias.
Re: ok ok... so im a nerd...
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:20 pm
by jus85411
this thread can go back however far you want

my fav resident evil was the first one on ps1 lol, such bad graphics compared to now a days. my waaaayyy back wouldnt be that far back lol pretty much the past 7-10 years, i dont even remember all the games i used to play on nintendo(other than mario of course... mario FTW!) or sega genesis(mortal combat days). ps2 was more of my madden, need for speed, baseball games and fight night days. barely many games keep my attention anymore though im entirely too picky and get bored of most games too easily. mortal kombat i hate to say is sooooo boring to me now, just button mashing for the most part... was never a trophy/achievement type of person, if i was playing it and got one for whatever i did, great but i never went out of my way to hunt for them
Re: ok ok... so im a nerd...
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:37 pm
by J-P
Well KI went the way of the dodo because of Street Fighter... My friends were SF fans, while I was KI.
It was out (almost) limited look into 3D games back then. Then there was Doom... there is a tiny bit of me in the original series.
Re: ok ok... so im a nerd...
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:24 pm
by puffpaddy
goldielocke76 wrote:I'm a World of Warcraft and Diablo nerd! I can't wait until D3 comes out ^.^
I also like Spyro and Kingdom Hearts for the PS3, but I don't play those hardly at all anymore. I play WoW when I am not in school (to play while in school would be a very, very bad idea).
This made my day! I used to be ADDICTED to Diablo 2. I quit right when all of the hackers were ruining the game. My account got hacked when I had 4 lvl 99's. I got upset and gave up on the game haha!
Re: ok ok... so im a nerd...
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:34 pm
by xrayjeeper83
I love all the diablo's, doom, quake, and a few others
Re: ok ok... so im a nerd...
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:56 pm
by Perry the Pufferfish
PS3 & 360
Most of my time playing is spent on Gran Turismo 5, and occasionally Grand Theft Auto 4. But I have a rig built for racing, so usually I am on that if I get a chance to play.
Re: ok ok... so im a nerd...
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
by xrayjeeper83
If anyone has any good PC games, first person shooter or diablo kinda games they wanna get rid of PM me oh and must work with windows 7
Re: ok ok... so im a nerd...
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:04 pm
by I.Puff.Too
PS3
PSN: I_Atheist_I
Basically black ops never leaves the system. My wife and I both play it, online multiplayer only. Once in awhile I'll play Madden, because I am a football head.
Re: ok ok... so im a nerd...
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:43 am
by goldielocke76
puffpaddy wrote:goldielocke76 wrote:I'm a World of Warcraft and Diablo nerd! I can't wait until D3 comes out ^.^
I also like Spyro and Kingdom Hearts for the PS3, but I don't play those hardly at all anymore. I play WoW when I am not in school (to play while in school would be a very, very bad idea).
This made my day! I used to be ADDICTED to Diablo 2. I quit right when all of the hackers were ruining the game. My account got hacked when I had 4 lvl 99's. I got upset and gave up on the game haha!
LOL I love all the Diablos, original Warcrafts, Doom, Quake, and now WoW and eagerly awaiting D3. I must not have played as much as I thought as I missed the hacking scene...although I wasn't a strong believer in Battlenet. Before I understood internet and the technology, it made me nervous so I didn't play with other people. (We had strict internet rules as kids). Too bad Diablo doesn't run on Windows 7...I still have my game and it would be fun to play again....
LoL I also loved loved loved the Zoo tycoons-- all of them! AND I play the city builder games, i.e Zeus, Poseidon, Ceasar, Pharaoh, Cleopatra etc. You can totally tell Im a nerd; I liked the educational games LMAO. OH and don't forget Oregon Trail!!! OMGZ don't forget the Oregon Trail lawlz.
Re: ok ok... so im a nerd...
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:24 am
by xrayjeeper83
I need to find diablo 2
dang just saw that cant play it on windows 7 DAMN
Re: ok ok... so im a nerd...
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:52 am
by goldielocke76
xrayjeeper83 wrote:I need to find diablo 2
dang just saw that cant play it on windows 7 DAMN
Yeah, that's my problem = / I have them, but I can't play them =(