Page 1 of 3

Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:04 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
First off, I changed Buzz's name to Ramses at the insistence of my wife. My wife did her Master's thesis on Ramses II, and Fahakas DO live in the Nile, so I suppose it's fitting. Besides, he has an attitude to match any pharaoh or king lol. Here are some pics and a link to the first youtube video I've ever made. In the video he's eating his first trapdoor snail, one the same size as him! The video can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHDrSKccSjY . All pictures are taken with my Nikon in an underwater case.

Ramses. Although not a very good picture, he is beginning to show some striking maroon and has both red and green lines.
Image

My wife wanted to put her cichlid in here. I warned her lol. Best friends... for now...
Image

Actually, the cichlid was gone within a few hours, it's head eaten off. Ramses likes to taste test things.
Image

More pictures to come! I will be adding them periodically to show his growth.

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:05 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
Is Ramses's head cut off on anyone else's monitor? I'm still trying to figure out resizing.

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:07 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
If you can't see it, you can copy the picture and paste it in powerpoint or something to see it clearly.

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:21 am
by Srkoe
It's so weird...Manson will devour the food I give him. There were two Kuhli loaches that got left in his tank unbeknownst to me...when he caught them he only ate their heads and tails and left the rest...weird!

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:01 am
by Reaperpilot2014
That's exactly what Ramses does. Sounds like a fahaka trend to me.

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:16 am
by Reaperpilot2014
Another cool video of Ramses!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpzpIXVPg7E

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:25 am
by Reaperpilot2014
Where's the "Force everyone to drop what their doing and look at this" button? CTS.

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:43 am
by Srkoe
Actually Manson is my Turg....Ares, my Fahaka has no mercy on any bit of flesh...lol!

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:31 am
by RVS
Good puffer! ¿how big is it? he looks young!
Is he with african cichlids? seems to be friendly cuz they are very close to that teeth....

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:40 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
He's 2" right now, but has some really nice coloring, nice maroons and reds. My wife absolutely insisted on putting her Malawi Kenyi Cichlid in there. I DID warn her. It followed Ramses around for a few hours, and then I couldn't find it anymore. Finally found it with its eyes and brain missing.

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:43 pm
by RVS
Ooops... ramses eat it... lesson learned for your wife... sorry u_u

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:56 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
Yup. Love your signature by the way lol. It's creative.

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:56 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
Yup. Love your signature by the way lol. It's creative.

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:59 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
Ramses is SO full! (see more recent video or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpzpIXVPg7E). I would never feed him that much normally, but stuff happens. He has just been sitting there. He still has happy colors, but is definitely going to be lazing around digesting for a while I figure.

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:30 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
My two videos of Ramses so far! Just learned how to embed videos into posts!