Page 1 of 1

Hey! I'm Anna

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:40 pm
by Annaxox
Hello! I am Anna and currently have no puffers. D= I am going to be adding two gsp's to my cycled 55 gallon pretty soon though. I am very excited! I first fell in love with puffers when I received one as a gift at least three years ago. I didn't have the proper set up at the time and had to return the little guy to the store after I had learn about their particular needs. I vowed that when I could afford a big enough tank and the salt I would get at least one gsp again though because they are such interactive cute little buggers. I guess that time has come!

I am 21, will be 22 in October and am starting work at Wal Mart again as a cashier. Before this I worked as a home care nurse but my patient moved to a different state to be near his family and with the economy the way it is I couldn't afford to wait for my agency to find me a new patient. I have worked at Wal Mart for a short time before so they grabbed me right up when I told them I needed work. lol I am also engaged to be married next June to a great guy, so I'm pretty happy about that.

I mostly spend my time playing with my pets and painting. I have four ferrets that have taken over my kitchen who I just adore and two doggies that also keep me on my toes. Carlin is a pit mix and Lewis is an english cockerspaniel. I adopted both of them from my local shelter and they've been the best dogs you could ever ask for! Most of my art is rather dark and abstract I have done other stuff though, dabbling in pointillism and occasionally doing portraits for people. I garden when it's nice out and go on walks with the pups.

Well, there isn't much to know about me. xD I'm a pretty simple girl <3

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:20 pm
by PolishPuff
[welcome]

What of a size tank are planning to house them in :D

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:31 pm
by Annaxox
I have a cycled 55 gallon

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:45 pm
by sevenyearnight
Hello!
If it's not set in stone, I'd strongly recommend just getting one. They develop a better relationship with their keeper when they are alone, and they are a hit or miss on if they will even emerse each other. Also, a 55 is considered awesome for a single puffer, it's a bit tight quarters for 2.

I also have ferrets, they are the cutest!

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:48 pm
by eieio
Welcome Anna! :)

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:51 pm
by Annaxox
I was just talking to another member and I've decided to go with one ^^ Thanks!

I love ferrets! I am totally owned by them. They demand their freedom when they wake up and how could I refuse those deceitfully adorable faces? Then they spend their free time trying to get into the trashcan. xD One time my youngest actually got into the trash and I don't know how long she was there before I found her ketchup covered albino butt, now the trashcan goes on the counter. -dies-

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:52 pm
by Annaxox
Thank you! <3

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:12 pm
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]
How are you cycling this tank, exactly?

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:20 pm
by Annaxox
I used ammonia

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:33 pm
by Annaxox
I've had to cycle it before this way. My house burned down in february and with it my beautiful lady jack dempsey died. She was only three and I had her since she was a tiny grey fry <3 A particularly colorful dempsey for a female. I miss her =(