Page 1 of 1

GSP has ICH

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:16 am
by pulidodj
SO my gsp has been laying down on the bottom of the tank. I noticed yesterday that it started grinding and bumping its body against plants and rocks. I read online about its behaviors, and it appears that it has ich. I had done the salt treatment by using aquarium salt. it said to dissolve about 5 teaspoon per every 5 gallons. I have a 30 gallon tank, so I used about 30 teaspoons and dissolved it in a gallon of water, and slowly added it into my tank over the course of 24-48 hours. I am to leave it for about 10 days if the fish are not stressed out.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/ich.php is the link where I found the information.

Re: GSP has ICH

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:35 am
by trekenk
I take it your GSP is in freshwater?
Link for ick treatment.
library/hospital/fwich/

Re: GSP has ICH

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:56 am
by Pufferpunk
It would also be helpful for you to answer all the Qs above, in RED.