Page 1 of 1

Hello from Purifire

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:29 am
by Purifire
Hi all.
Thanks to the ppl I have allready been talking to, and sorry to those I ain't for not saying "Hi".
I am a puffer keeper that has 2 Green Spotter Puffers (T. Nigrovidris for those not familiar with the species)
They live in a lightly brackish tank for now, one of them is really sick (long story, Thread is in the _Hospital forum if u want to read up on that situation). Going to make the tank full Marine as soon as I can weather Georgia pulls through or not. I think Lenny will be happy going into saltwater. Idk if i want to develop a nano reef or do a FOWLR or what yet.
Anyway, it's good to talk to y'all puffer enthusiasts!
-Purifire

Re: Hello from Purifire

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:04 am
by xrayjeeper83
welcome and good luck with the sick fish

Re: Hello from Purifire

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:25 pm
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]
I'd forget about a reef tank for the puffers right now. After your tank is stable for a while, you can try some of the nastier-tasting soft corals. If you do have 2 surviving puffers, it won't be a nano!

Re: Hello from Purifire

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:37 am
by Purifire
Lol, I get you Pufferpunk.
I hope it isn't a nano in the sense that Georgia will b there too!
She is moving around more today ( I treated with Epsom salts ) but she still will not eat or poo... And her fins are starting to atrophy. :(
But she seems to be better able to stay upright.
Anyways wish me luck guys.

Ps. I got the big tank we were talking about for all my oddballs who were displaced when my 25 broke, Pufferpunk. SOmeone had a 29 to get rid of and I traded that 25 with a broken seam for a nice heater to go in it... So thats gonna be my new guppy Biotope (BLackwater sorta thing) slash community. Im still figuring out the details.. but it will keep me from having to stock my livebearers with my puff(s) either way. I got on it as quick as I could wrangle up some cash.

till next post, thanks!
-Purifire