Page 1 of 1
New to the forum.
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:48 pm
by Phoenix91
Hello, new here! I already posted but i'm sure no one minds. I currently don't have a puffer but in the near future i will be getting a dwarf puffer. I'm busy setting up a 5gallon home for one. i have 2 betta fish; 1 male, Oji, in a 3 gallon and 1 female, Artemis, in a 5 gallon. Both tanks are planted but the 5 gallon is more densely planted.
i'm sure i'll be asking lots of questions and when i finally get my dwarf puffer i'll post lots of photos.
Re: New to the forum.
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:53 pm
by xrayjeeper83
welcome
post up some pics of your betta's and their tanks.
Re: New to the forum.
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:53 pm
by bertie 83
if you can go bigger will be better. dps are amazing just please cyclee the tank properly or you will definately have problems. if you go bigger you can have a couple and they can play tag. welcome to the forum the pro's here are awesome and will be along in a bit adding to this im sure
Re: New to the forum.
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:29 pm
by bertie 83
also need high filtration but when new are normally weak so be careful they dont get stuck to inlet mesh will be your best friend
Re: New to the forum.
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:23 pm
by Phoenix91
Thanks for the welcome.
I uploaded some pics of my two betta into my gallery. not entirely sure how to post pics to the forum yet, it's a little different than i'm used to.
Re: New to the forum.
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:28 pm
by xrayjeeper83
where did you get the light on your 5g?
Re: New to the forum.
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:01 pm
by Phoenix91
the light in the 5 g is the one in the hood, so i'm guessing you mean the light above the 3g? it came with the tank, it's a marineland 3 gallon.
Re: New to the forum.
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:24 pm
by fugu99
Hi, Welcome! I just learned how to post pics in the forum myself. Save you a trip... in your post see the tab marked "TPF Gall Img" click it and find your gallery in the list at the top. Then you can select your images to post that way! Yay! Because I want to see your fish. lol. Good luck with your DP tank! Those little guys are irresistible.
Re: New to the forum.
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:39 pm
by Phoenix91
Thanks. now i can post lots of pics.
I can't wait to get my tank set up and cycled, plus i arranged tonight with the lfs to order me a dp when i get the tank cycled. the guy said when ever i'm ready for one he'll order it for me! so happy.
okay onto pics of my current fishie babies
^^ this is Ōji, my crowntail male betta.
and this tiny little girl is Artemis, my VT female. I think she's very young because she's very tiny but she's happy to have a nice home.
Re: New to the forum.
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:07 pm
by fugu99
Great! Good luck with all that! Wow thats a crazy looking betta. Artemis is very lovely though. I dont know what a VT is... but its a nice looking fish.
Re: New to the forum.
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:25 pm
by El Scorpio
VT = veil tail. I'm a former betta keeper, myself. Welcome to the forum Phoenix. I really like your crowntail betta; I used to have a black orchid crowntail several years ago.
We love talking about puffers and educating new hobbyists, so if you need any help with your future dwarf puffer all you gotta do is ask.
Re: New to the forum.
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:33 pm
by Phoenix91
fugu99, thanks! He's a crazy looking little guy but he's a real sweet boy. Artemis is still growing so hopefully she'll colour up a bit more once she's matured.
El Scorpio, Thanks for the welcome. He's such a hardy fish, his heater has malfunctioned and gone up to 90 and he's still here, he's been through very cold temps for a betta (through another bad heater) and he's still here. i keep expecting him to get sick from the stress of heater malfunctions but he doesn't. I've finally found a brand i like and that is working so far but it's been hell trying to get his tank the right temp. Through it all though he's been happy and healthy.
I'm sure i'll think of loads of questions when i get my tank set up, cycled and get a puffer in it.