Page 1 of 5

New Congo: TaterTot

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:20 pm
by Pufferpunk
I got a lil blond miurus about a week ago. At 1st I was really glad I didn't pay for it, because she was fins & bones--looked like death. I really didn't think she'd make it a day. She had only been eating GF & I refused to feed them to her. I soaked blackworms in Jungle parasite treatment & fed the medicated worms to guppies & fed the guppies to her for 4 days. She really didn't seem to be eating much, so I treated the water too for good measure but I don't know if that helped, since FW fish don't drink water. She seemed to be a bit more active & I've been offering her blackworms & earthworms for a week but today is the 1st time I've seen her eat an earthworm! She's filling out nicely & even has a little paunch on her now. After she's been eating those for a week, I'm gonna try to get her on dead foods.

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:30 pm
by sevenyearnight
Pics or it didn't happen lol

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:46 pm
by Pufferpunk
She's buried right now.

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:39 am
by FADE2BLACK_1973
Oh wow she did'nt make it... :( . Sorry but atleast you tried.

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:48 am
by Pufferpunk
No silly, Congos bury themselves under the sand most of the time.

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:48 am
by sevenyearnight
I think she means in her substrate. I hope that's what you meant. :/
Edit* Good to hear it's just in the substrate lol

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:53 am
by FADE2BLACK_1973
Oh duh :roll: :roflmfao: . Wow the way you was talkin about how unhealthy he was, thought things turned to the worse.

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:10 am
by Srkoe
FADE2BLACK_1973 wrote:Oh wow she did'nt make it... :( . Sorry but atleast you tried.
Lmbo!!!! I posted a thread called "my fahaka buried" and someone thought he died :shock:

Is this the Congo you got from the classifieds here? By gf you mean goldfish?!?!?!! :shock: I'm happy you have got her to eat...she is in awesome hands! Can't wait for pics! I want a Congo so bad. I was gonna beg the hubby to get me one this weekend but I quit my job, so it's a no go :(

I want to try earthworms for my puffs, can I just get the ones from a baitshop?

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:33 am
by Pufferpunk
I got her from a local fellow. Bait shop is good, my LFS sells them.

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:31 pm
by Pufferpunk
She's eating blackworms now! :D

Image

I don't think the red gravel is going to make her red. :(

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:21 pm
by Pufferpunk
Someone's really worm-obsessed!

Image Image

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:25 pm
by greenspottedlover
:hyper: SO CUTE!

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:12 pm
by RTR
Love the worm shots! But the fish does need a bit more heft to my eyes, although I am not experienced w/Congos.

And please forgive me FTB, I really sprayed my coffee on the monitor! ROTHFLMAO! Everybody needs to keep at one burier. Invisible fish are my favorites, or among my favorites. Someday I will have to get a really loud Congo like to one PP had years ago.

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:26 pm
by Pufferpunk
Yes, she does still look a bit thin to me too--but not for long, the way she's chowing down those worms! Her face is glued to the cone feeder as we speak.

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:46 pm
by El Scorpio
Well at least she's eating now, that's a good sign. PP what is that strainer thingy you got the worms in? I could use something like that...

And, I have a confession as well - when I first saw Srkoe's "Fahaka buried" thread, I too thought for a second that she meant "buried; as in laid to rest."