Page 1 of 1
hello all
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:18 pm
by alcosta
My name is Andrea and I am new to this site.
I will attempting to convert my freshwater to brackish tonight...super excited! Eventually get me a puff or two. I fell in love with them when a friend told me about them. So exctied!
Re: hello all
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:42 pm
by purplecandle
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19348
Read the above link for info on Brackish water mixing!
Welcome! What kind of puffer were you thinking? GSP or f8?
Re: hello all
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:47 pm
by xrayjeeper83
howdy
Re: hello all
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:16 pm
by alcosta
Thanks! so very helpful. I'm going to start tomorrow. I think I'm going to end up with F8's. I'm super excited about it.
Re: hello all
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:32 pm
by FADE2BLACK_1973
Welcome to the group....

Re: hello all
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:31 am
by Blaine
Welcome to the neighborhood!!!
Take your time,...do lots of research,...ask lots of questions...
You'll have a happy puffer before you know it.
Re: hello all
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:16 am
by Pufferpunk
Hi there! If I were you, I'd just keep the tank cycled as FW, since most BW puffers around here are sold in FW. Then when you are sure the tank can handle the bioload of the puffer, you can start slowly transitioning him to BW.
Re: hello all
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:34 pm
by alcosta
Pufferpunk wrote:Hi there! If I were you, I'd just keep the tank cycled as FW, since most BW puffers around here are sold in FW. Then when you are sure the tank can handle the bioload of the puffer, you can start slowly transitioning him to BW.
Well's it's too late for that.
I have already done the transition. I have a good friend of mine that suggested switching to BW before I get the puffs that way it is cyceld and ready to go for them.
I'm super excited! I'm going today to get a Archer to help get the bio going along-hopefully in the next 4-5 weeks...I can get my puffs.
What do you think?
Re: hello all
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:43 pm
by trekenk
What are your parameters and SG at now? How fast did you raise the SG? Never cycle your tank with fish.
library/water-filtration/fishlessconsiderations/
Welcome to The Puffer Forum.