Page 1 of 1

Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:33 pm
by Mac Myers
New Puffer Owner (unplanned) :shock: and Shrimp Keeper. 8)

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:05 pm
by sevenyearnight
Yay!

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:36 pm
by FADE2BLACK_1973
Welcome to the group 8) . Btw, How did and what do you mean a new puffer (unplanned) keep? That are afew other shrimp keepers in here too.

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:06 pm
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:56 pm
by Mac Myers
FADE2BLACK_1973 wrote:Welcome to the group 8) . Btw, How did and what do you mean a new puffer (unplanned) keep? That are afew other shrimp keepers in here too.
I walked into a LFS to trade some Red Claw Macro Shrimp (I hate them) for something else... store credit or whatever right as the owner was scooping 3 skinny, ratty looking Dwarf puffers out of a ten gallon. He was going to use them for marine feeders as they "didn't sell". So I took them for free after a discussion that I enjoyed more than he did.
I don't do pet store rescues and I don't do impulse buys... but these guys were literally seconds away from become Yellow Tang food. I learned my lesson about taking on animals I know nothing about or rewarding pet stores for lousy conditions a LONG time ago. Or maybe not.

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:02 pm
by Pufferpunk
What a total A$$!!! I guess he isn't aware that he could have poisoned the fish he was going to feed them to? Was that the owner?

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:14 pm
by Flutter
Pufferpunk wrote:What a total A$$!!! I guess he isn't aware that he could have poisoned the fish he was going to feed them to? Was that the owner?
Please do not try to get around the word censors :shock:

:ROFL2: :scared:

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:54 pm
by Pufferpunk
:redface: Yes ma'am...

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:13 pm
by FADE2BLACK_1973
Pufferpunk wrote:What a total A$$!!! I guess he isn't aware that he could have poisoned the fish he was going to feed them to? Was that the owner?
110% agree with PP. And they dont know anything about fishes because other then using lil puffers as fish food, yellow tangs dont eat them anyways. How dumb they are. Thanks Mac for being the mature and smart person in that lfs and saved those lil DP's :D .

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:54 am
by Mac Myers
Well... in all honesty I don't know what was going to eat them. He was going to put them into a 300 gallon Reef tank full of multiple species of marine animals.
He also has two larger "Freshwater" puffers that he claims are Tetraodon palembangensis but that I think are Figure 8's. He's got them in a 10 gallon tank with some (like 30) White Cloud (?) minnows. I've been doing a lot of research but I have to admit to getting a bit confused. I'm a shrimp guy... I dunno from puffers. :shock:

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:25 pm
by xrayjeeper83
Welcome from Jacksonville

That sounds like a shop owner that I would never do business with.