Page 1 of 1

Hello!

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:15 pm
by Fwoom
So, I've been here a few times and looked around and finally decided to stop by and join.

Here's my little guy:

Image

Haven't seen many pictures of sleeping puffers online and mine usually doesn't sleep with the lights on, but that was day 3 of his pop eye treatment so I guess he was exhausted. It's so easy to overfeed a puffer when they look up at you with those eyes...

His (maybe her?) name is Fwoom.

I've always had pets, even as a kid, from turtles, snakes, birds, dogs, basically anything my parents weren't deadly afraid of. I didn't get into fish until recently. Before this guy, I had a Red Tailed Boa, but had to give it away due to moving into an apartment that doesn't allow pets. He's in a way better place than I could've given him (bio professor wanted him, lucky snake has a massive tank now) and I ended up sneaking Fwoom into a small tank hidden in my closet for 2 months before moving to my current location. He's currently in a 15 gallon, but when he gets bigger I'll upgrade accordingly.

Fwoom was a Walmart puffer, but he's living the good life now!

I actually bring bloodworms with me when I go to Walmart (Walmart seriously tries to feed them flake food...) and if there's any dead ghost shrimp in the tank next to them, I'll scoop them up and put that in their tank also.

So that's about it.

Re: Hello!

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:29 pm
by autophotos
hey welcome = any more pics?

Re: Hello!

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:15 pm
by Fwoom
Not many at the moment. All of my pictures of him are on my girlfriend's camera, which she left at her parents house. The sleeping picture was one of those "oh, let's post it to facebook" kinda moments (because it's a really adorable picture imo), so that one went up. I just tried to take a picture of him with my oooolllddd camera (4.1 Megapixels) and it came out a little blurry, but it's not so bad... I play a game with him where I pretend like I'm going to poke him through the glass and he'll zip backwards and come towards me again. He did the same thing with the camera. :P

Here's the ones I just tried to take:

Image

Image

I'll post some better pictures from her camera during the holidays. Maybe I can sneak a good picture in before then with the old camera.

Re: Hello!

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:16 pm
by Pufferpunk
Waaaaay too BIG!

Re: Hello!

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:24 pm
by Fwoom
Sorry about that! I've edited it with smaller images.

Re: Hello!

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:16 pm
by Pufferpunk
Thanks :)

Re: Hello!

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:41 pm
by Fwoom
Image

Found a way to get pictures off my phone, so here's one about a week after we got Fwoom. He was skinny and not in the best of conditions, but from the after pictures, you can tell he's doing better. :)