Page 1 of 1
What should i be feeding my dwarf puffers?
Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:10 pm
by Fish buddy
So right now Iam feeding my dwarf puffers unthawed bloodworms once a day.What else should there be in there diet to remain healthy?Also would it be better to soak there food in garlic juice from a store bought jar or with seachems garlic guard?
Re: What should i be feeding my dwarf puffers?
Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:52 pm
by J-P
why unthawed?
Re: What should i be feeding my dwarf puffers?
Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:09 pm
by JRC3
+1 on the unthawed. Are you by chance dropping the cube directly into the tank?
I also feed mine pieces of crushed snail and every once in a while pieces of mussel when My F8 get some.
Bloodworms are the staple and I get no complaints at all.
Re: What should i be feeding my dwarf puffers?
Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:19 pm
by Fish buddy
I feed my puffers unthawed bloodworms because i had read on the dwarf puffer websight that it was good to unthaw frozen bloodworms in a container of aquarium water.
Re: What should i be feeding my dwarf puffers?
Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:24 pm
by J-P
That is what I typically do. I "thaw" them in a glass of tank water and strain it, and into the tank it goes.
Just wondering what your procedure was. Do you drop the cube in a tank?
Re: What should i be feeding my dwarf puffers?
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:06 am
by Pufferpunk
Unthawed = frozen. Thawed = unfrozen (& hopefully rinsed).
Re: What should i be feeding my dwarf puffers?
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:56 pm
by RTR
I fed my DPs live blackworms and live snails.
Re: What should i be feeding my dwarf puffers?
Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:48 pm
by jeromecarlyoung
My fish only wants live even though the fish gets frozen. Puff has lost quite a bit of weight but has still got energy so I presume she is ok.
I keep live daphnia for treats and also live snails in a seperate tank.
Now feeding mainly frozen Tubifex worms. Didn't like frozen Bloodworm but now doesn't like my Tubifex worms, also frozen Krill and Brine Shrimp.
If it wriggles and moves then puff is happy to dispatch. Just a bit of a Pyscho really.
-Jerry
Re: What should i be feeding my dwarf puffers?
Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:49 pm
by RTR
Tubifex worms? Not good fish food. Those are sewer worms. NIMFT