Page 1 of 1

Hello everyone!

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:30 pm
by FADE2BLACK_1973
Hey fellow hobbyist, glad to meet you all. My name is Chris and I have been in the fish hobby for more then 20 yrs. Everything from tropical freshwater, SA and CA cichlids, African cichlids, saltwater, corals, and different oddballs. I also owned afew different species of FW, brackish water, and saltwater puffers My very 1st puffer was a GSP over a good 18 yrs ago. The puffers that I owned was GSP's, figure 8's, dwarf puffers, Burfish, Stars and Stripes, porcupines, yellow long horn cowfish, and I know Im leaving one out but can't remember. It's been awhile sence I've owned any puffers so Im wanting for a lfs to order me one off a list of FW puffers that I wrote out for them. Anyways, hello again to everyone :D

Chris,

Re: Hello everyone!

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:49 pm
by J-P
welcome to the forum!!!

That's a lot of experience under your belt ;)

Re: Hello everyone!

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:17 am
by Hilly
[welcome]

Re: Hello everyone!

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:58 am
by Flutter
Welcome :)

Re: Hello everyone!

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:48 pm
by FADE2BLACK_1973
Thanks for the welcome :D . A little note about me. I do like helping other hobbyist with my experience, Im not perfect and dont try to be though. I even made mistakes over the yrs but also with the success in the hobby. I like or try to give advice as much as I can when I think I can help people. I know what its like when there is no one there that can not help you, well I believe most can relate to that too. Even though there is always alot of disagreements but we all have our own opinions even if we sometimes might not like the others opinions. It's just human nature though. So I will be asking questions on things I need help with and I will also try to return the favor. Btw, nice puffer forum. I been looking for one about 10 yrs ago when I was needing some help but there was only afew out there at the time. I did get some good advice and help from Theresa Ulrich. She did a really good article on Cowfishes in the TFH magazine May 2001 issue. She was very nice and very helpful.

Chris,

Re: Hello everyone!

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:41 am
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]
I had this forum 10 years ago but it wasn't nearly as good as it is now. We still had our best Mentor, RTR, here though!

Re: Hello everyone!

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:57 am
by FADE2BLACK_1973
Well atleast I did find another good forum for puffer owners. Thanks for Youtube for getting me back into puffers again and thanks for Google for helping me find this site. Maybe many years back, Google was not as good as it is now either :D . Well anyways, now I can share my passion for puffers with other puffer fans. Btw, love everyone's puffer pics. Awesome and wild looking FW puffers that I never seen back in the day before until now. Wow, many awesome looking and different care to be giving in these different species of puffers.

Chris,