Page 1 of 1

Hello from Brisbane, Australia

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:10 am
by rosequoll
Hello! Newcomer here, just got my first puffer. I've been in love with puffers for ages, something about the goofy smiles I think.

My little guy has been ID'd (here on the forum) as a Marilyna meraukensis. Picture below!
puffer.jpg
Another thing I love is fishing, and while a lot of Australian's hate catching 'toadfish' and consider them a pest, I love em! Nothing cuter, but it'd be nice if they didn't inhale the hooks.....
puffer1.jpg
puffer2.jpg
puffer3.jpg
-Rose

Re: Hello from Brisbane, Australia

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:25 am
by J-P
I hope that is catch and release :)

Re: Hello from Brisbane, Australia

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:43 am
by bigfatfish
Hi Rose! Please post some more pics of your gorgeous puffer - I have never heard of this species until now!

Re: Hello from Brisbane, Australia

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:19 pm
by pufferpuggirl
Hi Rose, nice to have you on the forum with us. :D

I can't say I've ever enjoyed fishing, makes me feel sorry for the fish. I'm with J-P, please tell us you release those cute little fish back into the water. :wink:

Re: Hello from Brisbane, Australia

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:02 pm
by xrayjeeper83
awesome looking puff

Re: Hello from Brisbane, Australia

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:02 pm
by PolishPuff
Welcome,

Great pictures :D

Re: Hello from Brisbane, Australia

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:17 pm
by rosequoll
Always released. Always. I only keep fish I plan on eating, not one for waste. All adorable little puffers are quickly unhooked and released.

Will get some more pics soon of the little guy. He's getting his own tank in about a week or so (my spare tanks are in a fish competition at the moment, so waiting for them to come home again) and I think he'll be a bit happier when the perch stop stealing his mealworms. =)