Page 1 of 1

hi all

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:08 am
by R33GoNe
Hi all,
Been reading through the forum and found lots of useful info, I'm planning on getting a fahaka and my tank is all set-up and ready to go :-) just waiting on my local fish shop to source one for me.
Hoping it doesn't take to much longer, but while I wait ill be learning as much as possible.
Graham

Re: hi all

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:47 am
by autophotos
welcome - you got any pics of your set up?

Re: hi all

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:49 am
by Hilly
[welcome]

Re: hi all

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:49 am
by xrayjeeper83
welcome, do you have anything in the tank to keep it cycled?

there has been an explosion of fahaka owners lately lol

Re: hi all

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:16 pm
by pufferpuggirl
R33GoNe wrote:Hi all,
Been reading through the forum and found lots of useful info, I'm planning on getting a fahaka and my tank is all set-up and ready to go :-) just waiting on my local fish shop to source one for me.
Hoping it doesn't take to much longer, but while I wait ill be learning as much as possible.
Graham
Welcome to the Forum!
Shame you're a bit far from me, I have a lovely Fahaka I'm considering rehoming. He's nice and healthy too. :)

Re: hi all

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:57 pm
by R33GoNe
xrayjeeper83 wrote:welcome, do you have anything in the tank to keep it cycled?

there has been an explosion of fahaka owners lately lol
Hi,
Yes I currently have 7 danios, 3 tiger barbs and 5 Apple snails I'm hoping will breed, they will be moved to a small tank once the puffer arrives.

I will take some pics of my tank tomorrow and post them up.

Re: hi all

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:50 pm
by R33GoNe
Some pics of my tank as promised.
not the best but you get the idea.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Who would have thought snails poop so much.

Re: hi all

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:45 pm
by pufferpuggirl
I know what you mean about snails pooping so much. I added some snails to both of my Congo puffer tanks and instead of them looking beautiful and clean (like they used to), they always look "dirty" and messy. You'd think the snails would keep the tank clean, but it seems they just mess it up more than anything.
However, I am feeling quite happy with my sulawesi snails, they've had babies and now I have baby sulawesi snails cruising around my tank! :D

Re: hi all

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:31 pm
by xrayjeeper83
I love the helicopter that looks really cool

Re: hi all

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:12 am
by mhayah
you got a nice tank. very simple and have lot of spaces. very creative and the snail they are find. they give attractions.. good luck on your plan.