Page 1 of 1

Hi all,

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:08 am
by Mikeyburnsey
Hi, my name is Mikey, from England Cornwall

This is my 3rd MBU Puffer, I have always had a liking to these fishes, they are cute and interesting to watch, my 1st MBU, was given to a aquatics as there was more room for him, he grew over a a foot in length, I really did miss him, my 2nd died after we moved house, I think it was the stress of the move.
So yesterday I picked up my 3rd one, he is about 4-5" in length, seems happy enough, going up and down side to side, but yet to eat. I offered him cockles in shell, will be getting some prawns and muscle later today. When do you guys think he will start to eat??

I will add more later

Bye

Re: Hi all,

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:14 am
by Troender
[welcome]
You have a good looking Mbu there. :D How big is his tank?
Check out our article about Mbus.

Re: Hi all,

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:02 am
by Pufferpunk
my 1st MBU, was given to a aquatics as there was more room for him
Will you be able to house this one for life?
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=150

Re: Hi all,

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:11 pm
by xrayjeeper83
welcome, more info on his living space

Re: Hi all,

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:45 pm
by Hilly
[welcome]

Re: Hi all,

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:58 pm
by pufferpuggirl
Cute Mbu you've got there. I'm guessing that your puffer probably just needs time to settle in. Once he's settled, he will probably eat. Keep in mind that it will not hurt him to go a few days without food, so don't worry too much about him not taking food.

Re: Hi all,

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:47 pm
by PolishPuff
Welcome :D

Re: Hi all,

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:50 pm
by Mikeyburnsey
Thanks for the hello's
My new Mbu started to eat today :D He/she is very active, mainly looking up towards the surface, one of the question what am I going to do when he reaches adult and large like my fist MBU, is all depends where I am living, and then hopefully get a very large tank. But for now I am enjoying watching him.
I also have a 80gallon tank which at present is my Malawi tank.

Re: Hi all,

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:10 pm
by Pufferpunk
It's great that he's eating. I'm afraid your puffer will never reach near to adult size in an 80g. You need to prepare for a much larger tank NOW.

Re: Hi all,

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:23 pm
by Mikeyburnsey
Just a quickie if anyone is after a MBU then my LFS http://www.tropicalfish.org.uk/ have a few for sale