Page 1 of 2
Some of My Puffers
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:12 pm
by pufferpuggirl
Here's some photos of my puffers that I took recently.
Here's Orangetta my orange miurus
This is Obie the Fahaka, whom I shall rename "Blotchy" soon (just kidding)
This is Biscuit, my little Dwarf miurus - honestly this puffer has not grown at all, so I call him my "Mini Biscuit"
Here's BeeBoo, my pride and joy, couldn't ask for a puffer with a better personality, he gets along with everything!
This is another puffer I'm very proud of, this is Ying one of my GSP's that's actually growing very large
And lastly, these aren't puffers, but they are my much-loved Dwarf Mudskippers

Re: Some of My Puffers
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:29 pm
by sao870
Great Puffers!!! how large is your gsp?
Re: Some of My Puffers
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:38 pm
by pufferpuggirl
Thanks, my Ying is quite big .... well big for a GSP that I own anyway. He's not so much long - about 3" maybe, but has a large girth. I mean my other GSP, Uno is nearly as long, but Ying appears much much bigger in comparison because he's bigger in other ways other than just being long. Ying looks bigger than he actually is, but I am just happy that he's growing!
Re: Some of My Puffers
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:59 pm
by lesleyanndunn
is that ramshorns round your congo?
do they not eat snails at all?
Re: Some of My Puffers
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:59 pm
by autophotos
sweet - more pics - love them susane - any more?
Re: Some of My Puffers
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:26 pm
by jdak
Wow... so much i haven't seen in this puffer world.
Re: Some of My Puffers
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:57 pm
by pufferpuggirl
Yes Lesley, there's 3 different types of snails in Orangetta's tank: ramshorn, Apple and the new ones, sulawesi (also called elephant or rabbit snails). I've never seen any of my lurkers eating snails, but I believe another member on here said that his did. I always put snails in my lurker tanks, and the snails are growing better in my Congo's tank than they are in the "snail-only" tank.
autophotos -- I do have more photos, but unfortunately it takes a while to get them uploaded onto photobucket, or resized through an online website. I've only just discovered the "macro" setting on my camera, and have finally begun to take better photos, so I will try to get some photos of my other puffers that I don't photograph very much. I would also like to get some pics of the Cray twins (Reggie & Ronnie), as I am curious what species they actually are. My newest addition (aside from my female pygmy chameleon) is a juvenile Fire eel that I got on Friday. I think they are very cool and hope to be able to get a good photo of him at one point, although he's been hiding for the most part since I got him.
At least the photos I'm taking now are a bit better quality than what I used to take, so maybe there's hope afterall.

Re: Some of My Puffers
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:34 pm
by lesleyanndunn
lol@cray twins hehe
only other puffer i would want would be a congo
they are such a different shape from hunter puffers!
me getting one!!
as to regards to cameras, i havent a clue whats on mine!!
Re: Some of My Puffers
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:42 pm
by pufferpuggirl
I will admit that they are very unique puffers Lesley ..... just be prepared, they can be difficult to find.

Re: Some of My Puffers
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:52 pm
by lesleyanndunn
i can get them in dublin
200 odd miles away from me
but thats were my fahaka came from
but several members of another forum travel up and down on a reg basis
so will get a tank set up
and they can bring me one up
wont be immediately tho!
Re: Some of My Puffers
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:06 pm
by Troender
I just loooove the congos.

(I love the other puffers too).
When it comes to eating snails, a lot of the pischivores (like the congos are) don't touch them. It's not their natural source of food. As they are fish eaters, they don't have the same teeth growth as many other puffers, and don't need snails for food. I tried giving snails to my suvattii (another fish eater), and his tank ended up being a snail breeding tank. The only problem was that I didn't dare to put my hands into the water of the suvattii tank to pick the snails out.

Re: Some of My Puffers
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:35 pm
by lesleyanndunn
it would be useful to have a puffer tank that you could have snails in that didnt get eaten!
Re: Some of My Puffers
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:20 pm
by c333davis
Pufferpuggirl, you're such a good AquaMom! Congrats!

Re: Some of My Puffers
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:26 pm
by xrayjeeper83
love your lurkers, they are so cool looking.
Re: Some of My Puffers
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:50 pm
by mrs.som
I'm new to this whole puffer thing as you know, what species is BeeBoo?