Page 1 of 3

October POTM - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:33 pm
by Myaj
And here are our 10 entries for the month of October! You have 10 days to vote on your favorite Puffer!

#1
The pic is of Grün.
Species: Figure 8 puffer (Tetraodon biocellatus).
Age: Unknown. I've had Grün for 7 months, so I figure he/she's around 2 years.
Size: About 2 inches.
Grun's teeth got a bit long, and he got this snail stuck in his mouth for about 5 minutes! He was able to get it out somehow on his own. His tankmates are 8 bumblebee gobies, 4 adult mollies, and about 20 baby mollies. The tank is a 44 gallon corner tank.
1.jpg

#2
Species: Arothron hispidus (Stars and Stripes Puffer)
Age: About 19 Months
Size: Around 9"
Hiding in my cave after a good meal.
2.jpg

#3
My GSP, 'Puffo' named after the PUFfer FOrum.
- Species Tetraodon nigroviridis
- Name of Puffer Puffo
- Age (if known) ?
- Size 0.75 inches
- Brief description - This is a picture of Puffo's after eating his first snail. He looks so happy.
3.jpg

#4
My Fahaka puffer "Floyd"
- Species: Tetraodon Lineatus (fahaka puffer)
- Age: unknown
- Size: 7 inches
4.jpg

#5
Species - Tetraodon nigroviridis
Name of Puffer - Guess Who
Age - Had him about a year now
Size - approx 3 1/2" inc. tail
Brief description - Meh... Blah Blah... Puh! buzz buzz buzz
5.jpg

#6
Species: Arothron Stellatus (Starry Toadfish)
Name : Aaaaaaaaaaaa (Cuz my mouth is always open...)
Age : Unknown, But appears to be adult...
Size : 48"
Brief Description : I live in a HUGE aquarium...360,000 gallons of water at the Long Beach Aquarium. I share the aquarium with loads of other fish...and a turtle. And human divers sometimes.
6.jpg

#7
My old Valentini Puffer Hero:
- Species: Canthigaster valentini
- Age: Unknown
- Size: about 4 inches
Hero was a great puffer. He was also my first puffer.
Image


#8
My Web Burrfish "Baby Burr":
- Species: Chilomycterus Antillarum
- Age: NO idea, very very young I’m guessing!
- Size: 1 1/2 inch
8.jpg

#9
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Chomper and Nerf
- 1 and/or 2 years old ?
- Nerf - 1.5 in Chomper 2.5-3in
- Chomper and Nerf eating some bloodworms
9.jpg

#10
Lined burrfish, residing in a 75 gallon with a few corals, macroalgae and her clownfish buddy.
myaj_burr.jpg

Re: October POTM - Vote now!!

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:46 am
by crazedpuffer
Very nice shots everyone! Good luck!

Re: October POTM - Vote now!!

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:03 am
by edmlfc1
#6 :shock: That is one HUGE puffer fish!

Good luck everyone. :D

Re: October POTM - Vote now!!

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:45 am
by crazedpuffer
That ishuge!
I wonder if it has lockjaw though? It says it's mouth is always open/

Re: October POTM - Vote now!!

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:01 am
by edmlfc1
After the voting is done we can ask the person that submitted the picture. :D
A 4 foot puffer. :shock: How would you like to come around the corner and meet that puffer face to face!
:lol: As I back slowly away...while checking to make sure I still have all my fingers.

Re: October POTM - Vote now!!

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:57 am
by Jase
I think #8 lives in Utah. :lol:

Re: October POTM - Vote now!!

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:36 pm
by pufferfreak
I like the burr at the end hes cool.

Re: October POTM - Vote now!!

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:22 pm
by riggers
number 10 is such a great shot of such a cool fish, I just had to vote for it. :D

Re: October POTM - Vote now!!

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:32 pm
by crazedpuffer
edmlfc1 wrote:After the voting is done we can ask the person that submitted the picture. :D
A 4 foot puffer. :shock: How would you like to come around the corner and meet that puffer face to face!
:lol: As I back slowly away...while checking to make sure I still have all my fingers.
Lol, just imagine keeping one of them!? Tank maintenance has got to be difficult.

Re: October POTM - Vote now!!

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:05 am
by DRRT
anyone notice the blue on #8, very cool

Re: October POTM - Vote now!!

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:24 am
by julianchan
For a not so photographed puffer, Aaaaaaaaa is sure getting a lot of votes.....

But I have to admit...this is a toughie..loads of cute iddle puffers in this one...

Re: October POTM - Vote now!!

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:37 pm
by Sandee
#8 lives right here in northern NJ! :)

What's in Utah??

It was very hard to photograph him ... he's so small, and SO quick!

http://www.sandeeland.com/photos/ - more pix here ...

Re: October POTM - Vote now!!

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:14 pm
by Jase
Sandee wrote:What's in Utah??
the background looks just like where I worked in Utah this summer. Kinda by Moab.

Re: October POTM - Vote now!!

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:15 pm
by Jase
#10 was an inside job!
jk ;)

Re: October POTM - Vote now!!

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:53 pm
by Myaj
Eh now watch it boy.. don't mess with the boss... ;)

Seriously though, there are some very interesting eyes in this month's competition.. lots of colors and expressions.