Page 1 of 3

Sept 2008 POTM - Winner announced!!

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:39 am
by Myaj
Thank you to everyone who sent in an entry in this month's competition! Its going to be a close one!

As always, entries are ALWAYS accepted, so send in your pictures! The earlier, the better!

And on to the chase....

Entry #1:

Monotrete turgidus
Beetlejuice
4"
Lived in a 20g tank alone--does not play well with others!
Entry1.jpg

Entry #2:
Hi my name is Elvis:, I am a Stars and Stripes Puffer.
I am about 15 months old. This morning while my mommy was making coffee, something spooked me, so I puffed up. This picture was taken after I started to deflate. I am about 8" long from nose to tail. I am also the biggest fish in the house which makes me "King". Species: Arothron hispidus
Entry2.jpg

Entry #3:
Species---Canthigaster Solandri
Name---Mr. Solandri
Age---2 years old
Size---4 inches
Description---Keeping cool in the shade.
Entry3.jpg

Entry #4:
- Species Takifugu ocellatus
- Name of Puffer shark bait
- Age ?
- Size 4 inches
Entry4.jpg

Entry #5:
Species: Arothron Manilensis
Name: Wesley
Age: Between 9 months and 1 year (only had him for about 1 month)
Size: ~ 2 inches
Description: Wesley lives in a 75 gallon tank with my 2 Ceylon puffers, loves seaweed and algae (especially hair algae), and is a little cutie!
Entry5.jpg

Entry #6:
Species - Tetraodon nigroviridis
Name of Puffer - Bonzo (in rest mode)
Age - Had him 11 months
Size - approx 3 1/4" inc. tail
Brief description - I'm a sleepy little pishy, all this posing for pictures is hard work, time to take a break and have a little nap zzzZZZ
Entry6.jpg

Entry #7:
- Diodon Holocanthus
- Shelby
- A year, and a halfish
- around 5 inches
- She's clearly a very happy puffer :)
Entry7.jpg

Entry #8:
Name: Sushi
Species: Takifugu Ocellatus (Fugu puffer)
Age: less than a year old (I think), 4 months in this tank
Length: 4"
I like burrowing in the fine sand and pretend that I'm ambushing someone while I'm in partial disguise. I gotta say I don't like it so much when the prickly hermit crab walks all over me as if I don't exist though. Ugh! I wonder if I'm really that hard to tell apart from the sand, or that he's got horrible eyesight.
Entry8.jpg

Entry #9:
Species: Porcupine Puffer
Name : Spike (I made this up....)
Age: Unknown
Size: 8"
Brief Description: A healthy looking porc at a LFS near my home.
Entry9.jpg

Entry #10:
Playing Ying and Yang!
- Arothron Hispid & Tetraodon Fluviatilis- Stars & Ceylon
- Ages : Stars- been with me for 6 months since he was 2 cm Ceylon- been with me for 1 1/2 years since he was about 2 inches
- Size : Both 3 1/2 inches or so....
- Brief description : Recently upgraded to a 100G (UK) tank, running at 1.020SG.
Entry10.jpg

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:05 am
by Jay.B.
everybody has such good looking fishies :)

suitably impressed... again ;)

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:18 pm
by crazedpuffer
very nice everyone! Good luck!

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:33 pm
by julianchan
oooooo...loads of good shots! Good luck everyone! This is going to be fun.....

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:46 pm
by t1gerbee
Heck, i'm stuck. Gonna have to consider this for a few days... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:01 pm
by recombinantrider
I'm biting my nails. This one is tough!

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:26 pm
by Myaj
I'm stuck between two shots as well.. one I just love because its "different" and very cool looking, another I just love the entire thing, gorgeous fish, cute pose and great photography.

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:33 pm
by Troender
I have no idea why we have trouble getting enough entries, because we really have a lot of good photographers here at TPF! The quality of the pics are just so high each and every time! Or maybe that's why we do have trouble getting enough entries - because the good pics scare others off? Anyway, my bottom line is: WOW, there's really a lot of good pics this time too! :supercool:

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:38 pm
by crazedpuffer
I gotta admit, entry number 3 has got really nice colors.

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:14 am
by Pufferpunk
LOL, one of mine was entered as a filler but as much as I love the lil guy (& the pic) I had to vote for a better one.

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:09 am
by Agnate
Same here, PP.

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:08 pm
by Myaj
Whooo hasn't vooo-tteeeedddd?????

Get your votes in my friends!

And don't forget to start sending in those October entries!

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:09 pm
by Jay.B.
I've changed mine a few times LOL might just change it again yet as I think a certain little fellow deserves at least one vote haha

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:59 am
by t1gerbee
Jay.B. wrote:I've changed mine a few times LOL might just change it again yet as I think a certain little fellow deserves at least one vote haha

you'd be rubbish in an election jay... the idea is to vote, and stick to it! :-)

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:04 am
by groovitudedude
All of these puffers look in excellent condition, regardless of the picture!