August '08 POTM - Winner announced!
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:56 pm
Thank you to all who sent an entry in this month, we have some incredible shots here!
Vote for your favorite Puffer, and the winner will qualify for the Puffer of the Year contest! Be sure to click on the picture if you want to see them full sized!
Entry #1:
My Fahaka puffer "Clarkson":
- Species: Tetraodon Lineatus
- Age: 9 months
- Size: 6 inch
Entry #2:
Valentini Puffer named Poofka
Poofka is around 2.5 inches long and lives in a 55 gallon with other salty friends!
Entry #3:
Species: Stars and Stripes
Name : Cute Itty Bitty LFS Puffer that I can't own....sniff
Age : Unknown
Size : 8"-9"
Brief Description : A really healthy looking Stars and Stripes puffer that was at my LFS, Aquarium, on Sepulveda in Culver City, CA
Entry #4:
Hello, my name is Sushi! I'm a Takifugu Ocellatus, or a fugu puffer. I don't remember when I was born, but I've been living in this tank for 3 months and I've grown from 2.5" to 4" here. I like to attack my food as fast as I can! Oh oh oh I gotta run, I see a big piece of jumbo krill dangling above the water!
Entry #5:
Species: Carinotetraodon salivator male.
Name: Jack the Ripper (he killed his wife before I bought him)
Age: Unknown
Size: 6-7 cm
Description: Jack lives by his own in his 22 G tank. I wish I could give him a new wife, but he probably would kill her as well. Jack has earlier been living together with two other c. salivators, the two specimens are owned by another user her at TPF. Jack used to be very shy, but has been much more around after he became ill, and I had to feed him a little every hour. After that, he actually thinks I am quite nice, instead of something he should hide from. But that was about time he did, as I've been keeping him for 1 1/2 years.
Entry #6:
Species - Tetraodon nigroviridis
Name of Puffer - Bonzo
Age - Had him 10 months
Size - approx 3 1/4" inc. tail
Brief description - living the good life in a Jewel Rio 180 currently at an SG of 1.025 with a ghost goby and a yellowfin dwarf angel for company
Entry #7:
Species: Tetraodon Nigroviridis
Name: Trinity
Age: Unknown
Size: Approximately 2.5" from nose to tip of tail.
Description: Our GSPs Trinity and Taylor always know when food time is... We put a snail on the outside of the tank and Trinity tried so hard to get him! (He got an extra snail for this photo!) (We have two GSPs in a 55 gallon brackish aquarium)
Entry #8:
Tetraodon nigroviridis
Name - GSP
Age - <1yr
Size 2'
Description - Hi! How are you?
Entry #9:
Species---D. Holocanthus
Name--- Sugar Puff
Age--- A couple of months
Size--- 2 Inches
Description--- A ham for the camera, Sugar Puff wants you to gaze upon his sparkly eyes and clean, white teeth.
Entry #10:
A Stars and Stripes puffer photographed at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, GA.
Vote for your favorite Puffer, and the winner will qualify for the Puffer of the Year contest! Be sure to click on the picture if you want to see them full sized!
Entry #1:
My Fahaka puffer "Clarkson":
- Species: Tetraodon Lineatus
- Age: 9 months
- Size: 6 inch
Entry #2:
Valentini Puffer named Poofka
Poofka is around 2.5 inches long and lives in a 55 gallon with other salty friends!
Entry #3:
Species: Stars and Stripes
Name : Cute Itty Bitty LFS Puffer that I can't own....sniff
Age : Unknown
Size : 8"-9"
Brief Description : A really healthy looking Stars and Stripes puffer that was at my LFS, Aquarium, on Sepulveda in Culver City, CA
Entry #4:
Hello, my name is Sushi! I'm a Takifugu Ocellatus, or a fugu puffer. I don't remember when I was born, but I've been living in this tank for 3 months and I've grown from 2.5" to 4" here. I like to attack my food as fast as I can! Oh oh oh I gotta run, I see a big piece of jumbo krill dangling above the water!
Entry #5:
Species: Carinotetraodon salivator male.
Name: Jack the Ripper (he killed his wife before I bought him)
Age: Unknown
Size: 6-7 cm
Description: Jack lives by his own in his 22 G tank. I wish I could give him a new wife, but he probably would kill her as well. Jack has earlier been living together with two other c. salivators, the two specimens are owned by another user her at TPF. Jack used to be very shy, but has been much more around after he became ill, and I had to feed him a little every hour. After that, he actually thinks I am quite nice, instead of something he should hide from. But that was about time he did, as I've been keeping him for 1 1/2 years.
Entry #6:
Species - Tetraodon nigroviridis
Name of Puffer - Bonzo
Age - Had him 10 months
Size - approx 3 1/4" inc. tail
Brief description - living the good life in a Jewel Rio 180 currently at an SG of 1.025 with a ghost goby and a yellowfin dwarf angel for company
Entry #7:
Species: Tetraodon Nigroviridis
Name: Trinity
Age: Unknown
Size: Approximately 2.5" from nose to tip of tail.
Description: Our GSPs Trinity and Taylor always know when food time is... We put a snail on the outside of the tank and Trinity tried so hard to get him! (He got an extra snail for this photo!) (We have two GSPs in a 55 gallon brackish aquarium)
Entry #8:
Tetraodon nigroviridis
Name - GSP
Age - <1yr
Size 2'
Description - Hi! How are you?
Entry #9:
Species---D. Holocanthus
Name--- Sugar Puff
Age--- A couple of months
Size--- 2 Inches
Description--- A ham for the camera, Sugar Puff wants you to gaze upon his sparkly eyes and clean, white teeth.
Entry #10:
A Stars and Stripes puffer photographed at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, GA.