Page 1 of 3

April 2008 POTM winner announced!

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:54 pm
by Myaj
Thank you to all who entered, and let the games begin!

Entry #1:
- Species: Tetraodon Fluviatilis
- Name: Pickles
- Age: Pretty young, but I don't know the exact age, and he's only about 1 month old to me, so add another 6 months-ish, and we'll say 7 months as a guess. ;)
- Size: 1.5 inches (roughly)
- Brief description: Pickles is one of the two baby Ceylons in my 55 gallon tank. His inhabitants include Allakazam (the other Ceylon), a Knight Goby, and a Red Clawed Crab. He enjoys begging for food, long strolls on the sandy floor, and staying up late while watching me on the computer. His favourite food also appears to be anything that fits into his mouth, hehe.
Image

Entry #2:
Species - Tetraodon Mbu
Name of Puffer - Moobo
Age (if known) - 2 years
Size - 7" (including tail)
Brief description - Moobo photographed at home in action playing with his ping pong ball!
Image

Entry #3:
Species: Arothron hispidus
Name of Puffer: Elvis
Age (if known): Approx 11 months
Size: 5"-6"
Brief description: He currently lives a 120 Gallon 6' long tank with his two brothers "Cheech & Chong (GSP)
He is spoiled rotten! He loves to visit with anyone that passes by and pose for the camera. He is also
very entertaining and likes to ride the waves from the powerheads.
Image

Entry #4:
- Species: Tetraodon sabahensis
- Name of Puffer: Dictator, aka Tator
- Age (if known): uknown- Size: 6.5"
- Brief description - Yawning in our aquarium, always has black tummy when aquarium lights are on
Image

Entry #5:
This is Freckles. He is a dwarf puffer. He is about an inch long(including his tail). I named him Freckles because he has little black dots all over his back that look like freckles. He is my favorite out of all five of my dps because he is the only one who isn't scared of me. He follows me around his tank when he sees me and tries to bite my finger through the glass. He is almost always begging for food. I don't know how old he is, but he is one of the two I've had the longest.
Image

Entry #6:
Tetraodon nigroviridis
Her name is Rolly
She is a baby I have had her for 3 days
She is about and inch to an inch and a half
Image

Entry #7:
Species - Carinotetraodon travancoricus
Name of Puffer - Specky
Age (if known) - 15 months
Size - 1.5cm
Brief description - one of 3 females, this little puff is in the middle size wise but rules the roost, having now developed a dark stripe along her belly. Her favourite food is live bloodworm but she's partial to a nice bit of chopped mussel on occasion. She's always the first to appear at dinner time.
Image

Entry #8:
- Species: Tetraodon fluviatilis
- Name of Puffer: PuffPuff
- Age (if known): 1-2 years old
- Size: Just over 2", standard length
- Brief description: We had just fed them some crab legs, and it looked like that piece she's biting on was stuck, so ** sucked it up, and was going to try to dislodge it. She swam over slowly...and then let go of the piece of crab and went after **'s hand... he got it out just in time to avoid being bitten. **names changed to protect identity ;)**
Image

Entry #9:
Owia - Congopuffer
Species: Tetraodon Miurus
Age: unknown
Size: about 8cm
30Gallon tank with some shrimps
Image

Entry #10:
--Green Spotted Puffer
--named Puffy
--age unknown
--size 1.75''
--vicious, cuddly little green monster taking an after dinner swim by his big shell
Image

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:58 pm
by cobra1713
tough choice this month but all great photos!

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:36 pm
by Starlet
Oh! #7 is so cute!!! It's like the puffer is watching the UFO of worms. :D

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:21 pm
by StormySkiez
I agree! All very Nice shots! lol specky looks like a mini mbu hehehe

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:34 pm
by crazedpuffer
Very nice shots everyone!

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:16 pm
by Pufferpunk
OMG, I can't choose!!!

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:02 pm
by crazedpuffer
OMG we can change who we voted for now!?! AWESOME!

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:16 pm
by Myaj
LOL yes, I actually turned that option on this time. I figure since people have 10 days, they might as well be able to use those 10 days to decide.

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:22 pm
by billysgirl4e
Awww...#2 is SOOO cute. He plays w/ the ping pong ball?!

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:54 pm
by Troender
Any reason why there's a pic missing (entered last month)? *cough, cough* :wink:

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:06 pm
by crazedpuffer
Myaj wrote:LOL yes, I actually turned that option on this time. I figure since people have 10 days, they might as well be able to use those 10 days to decide.
Cool!
I like it this way.

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:08 pm
by Nick
C'mon Tator, you're only one vote behind!

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:09 pm
by Myaj
Inger Anne, you're kidding right? I'll go check the mailbox, I hope I didn't screw up!

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:12 pm
by Myaj
I just went through every folder (past months' submissions, deleted, inbox, junk) and there's nothing there from you? Did you get a response from me stating it was received?

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:28 pm
by Troender
Yes. You even wrote that you had found a new nickname for your boyfriend. :lol: