Page 4 of 4

Re: Are all PetCos bad?

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:54 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
Either way, it's a good clarification to make. If for some reason someone did decide to go get some, I would feel really bad if they got the wrong one because I forgot to write herbal. That would be bad voodoo for the puffer.

Re: Are all PetCos bad?

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:08 pm
by sevenyearnight
True. I guess I saw Rid Ich and remembered it wrong, so good clarification. The brown stinky one is the good one

Re: Are all PetCos bad?

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:16 am
by goldielocke76
You guys are ok, it's Ich Attack by Kordon in a green lettered bottle. The Rid ich and Rid Ich+ all have red letters. Didn't see the blue one. Holy moly, it wasn't cheap. I didn't want the big one, but that was all that they had = / /shrug. I am sure I will use it. Oh well. Got little PZ his 10 gallon tank today. Just need another filter (really kicking myself in the buttocks for sending the aquaclear 30 home now that I need one ><) and just need to let it cycle. Yay. Almost there! Pretty soon I will have two little happy puffs!

Re: Are all PetCos bad?

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:17 am
by goldielocke76
goldielocke76 wrote:You guys are ok, it's Ich Attack by Kordon in a green lettered bottle. The Rid ich and Rid Ich+ all have red letters. Didn't see the blue one. Holy moly, it wasn't cheap. I didn't want the big one, but that was all that they had = / /shrug. I am sure I will use it. Oh well. Got little PZ his 10 gallon tank today. Just need another filter (really kicking myself in the buttocks for sending the aquaclear 30 home now that I need one ><) and just need to let it cycle. Yay. Almost there! Pretty soon I will have two little happy puffs!

LoL it replaced my "a$$" with "buttocks"

Re: Are all PetCos bad?

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:46 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
Don't forget heat to make the ich cycle faster. Saly works great too.

Re: Are all PetCos bad?

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:59 pm
by sevenyearnight
The salt and heat method is stickied on the hospital. As it says, please watch for respiratory stress while raising the temperature. Ick attack has been used in conjunction by several people with no reported issues.
I've personally used Ich Attack and the salt method separately with success. But, I was treating cool water fish and didn't raise the temp above 80°. It might have taken a little longer, but the fish wouldn't have dealt with the heat well at all.