Page 3 of 3

Re: New to the forum

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:15 pm
by BedScien
@DMD My advice would be to wait until the new place and get a massive tank :P

Re: New to the forum

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:20 pm
by DMD123
BedScien wrote:@DMD My advice would be to wait until the new place and get a massive tank :P
According to my wife the 210 gallon tank I already have is "massive".... Its a tough decision for us to move because financially it would be dumb. We bought our home before the big housing bubble started about 11 years ago. It was also new construction and we take care of things well and picked neutral colors so everything would pretty much stay in style. The only issue is that its just my wife and I in two story, 4 bedroom with 2.5 bathrooms. Our son moved out some years back so we enjoy the extra space but its really not practical for us anymore. A rambler would be the way to go for us but housing prices are going back up and everything we are looking at would put us back financially instead of moving us ahead. So stuck in our home with my 'tiny' tank for now....

Re: New to the forum

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:23 pm
by BedScien
ah I see :)

Re: New to the forum

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:29 pm
by DMD123
The only real benefit to a move may be that I could have a dedicated 'fish room' where all my tanks would be in one spot. If I were able to do this, I would consider selling my 72g bowfront and replace it with a 120g (48x24 footprint) instead. I know this is bare minimum to house a Fahaka. But that is something possibly in the future.

Re: New to the forum

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:29 am
by BedScien
sounds good, man. keep mulling it over and i'm sure you'll work out the best thing to do :)

Re: New to the forum

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:54 am
by RTR
LOL! We do work at it a bit... Everyone has to re-examine their lifestyle periodically and reset their course to one they want and can achieve. If nothing else, it keeps you from getting bored. I do not do boredom and stagnation well...

Re: New to the forum

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:57 pm
by DMD123
RTR wrote:LOL! We do work at it a bit... Everyone has to re-examine their lifestyle periodically and reset their course to one they want and can achieve. If nothing else, it keeps you from getting bored. I do not do boredom and stagnation well...
I find having fish-keeping goals help me to continue in the hobby. At times with the things going on in life even simple tank maintenance can become too much. If I plan out what I want to accomplish, it does help me balance life and my hobby.