Page 3 of 3

Re: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black belli

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:12 pm
by peawee
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I returned the bala shark, (didn't want to make a huge school since they get so big as it is) and I returned the gsp. I don't want to mess him up not doing the brackish correctly. I kept the dp's and I'm cycling the 10gal for them now, waiting for that before transferring them over. In the 20 I'm keeping a freshwater community tank with the convicts and some barbs and danios. Everybody seems to be loving it so far, no excessive nipping but a lot of barbs chasing each other. They leave everyone else alone, the dp's chase them if they get too close but for the most part everyone is coexisting. Everything is super small, all under an inch, the convicts are maybe 1/2 inch and dp's being 1/2 inch, but they are moving once the 10 is ready. Once I have room for a 55gal I plan on getting brackish puffers again, I really loved him but I did the best thing for him (provided the store doesn't kill him, or sell him to another person that is badly misinformed again).

Re: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black belli

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:49 am
by Pufferpunk
Excellent! :)
Are you able to sex your DPs?

Re: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black belli

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:16 pm
by peawee
Im pretty sure its one male and two females. Only one has the little wrinkles behind his eyes, and hes smaller and lighter than the other two. but they still could be too young to tell..