Page 3 of 4

Re: where do you get your water from?

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:27 pm
by bertie 83
It's a waterchanger that connects to the tap, it draws water out into a sink and with a flip of a valve it fills your tank right back up

Re: where do you get your water from?

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:29 pm
by Tim
bertie 83 wrote:It's a waterchanger that connects to the tap, it draws water out into a sink and with a flip of a valve it fills your tank right back up
That does sound handy :o. Thanks :)

Re: where do you get your water from?

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:34 pm
by Pufferpunk

Re: where do you get your water from?

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:09 pm
by defool89
So how long is your python? Lol Idk if i had one if it would reach my sink

Re: where do you get your water from?

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:24 pm
by purplecandle
defool89 wrote:So how long is your python? Lol Idk if i had one if it would reach my sink
I have a very long one that I have never been able to hook to my sink, the female doesn't match the male on my sink. But it will hook to the hose outside, and if needed one of my bathtubs. I think it is either 80 ft or it cost me 80$, I can't remember!

Just a letting you know, that it might not hook to your sink, maybe only your hose outside. So you may only be able vaccum and drain with you python. But if it hooks to your hose outside you might be able to fill your tank.

Does that make sense?

Re: where do you get your water from?

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:26 pm
by Pufferpunk
100', it reaches to my basement drain.

Re: where do you get your water from?

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:33 pm
by defool89
purplecandle wrote:
defool89 wrote:So how long is your python? Lol Idk if i had one if it would reach my sink
I have a very long one that I have never been able to hook to my sink, the female doesn't match the male on my sink. But it will hook to the hose outside, and if needed one of my bathtubs. I think it is either 80 ft or it cost me 80$, I can't remember!

Just a letting you know, that it might not hook to your sink, maybe only your hose outside. So you may only be able vaccum and drain with you python. But if it hooks to your hose outside you might be able to fill your tank.

Does that make sense?
It does. But i saw a video it showed an adapter. Hnm I'm sure you can get one art home depot. Are you taking off your filter off your spout?

Re: where do you get your water from?

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:28 pm
by Lil' Swimz$
My very own 75 RO/DI system! Best thing I've boughten for my hobbies ever! :D

Re: where do you get your water from?

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:58 pm
by Master of Puffers
pufferghoti keeps muttering about RO water and brewing....

Re: where do you get your water from?

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:53 am
by Iliveinazoo
G S P Freak wrote:
Pufferpunk wrote:If you're buying RODI water from your LFS for FW fish, it needs to be re-mineralized. Your city/tap water is much better to use. Condition with Prime.
Use Prime & your water won't smell like chlorine.
I've been using Tetra aquasafe when I've used tap water, I'm gonna convert to prime soon lol, I can buy 100ml off ebay for 6.99 shipped. Anyways, my main question I've been trying to poke around at is... should I discontinue use of RODI water and use tap+ prime for my BW tank?
You don't need to use Aquasafe or Prime if you use reverse osmosis water but you will need to remineralise

Re: where do you get your water from?

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:18 am
by Pufferpunk
+1

Re: where do you get your water from?

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:31 am
by RTR
The "Python No Spill Drain and Fill" is a tap-attached hose for both draining and filling tanks. Carrying buckets is primitive and messy.

I am one of the minority who always per-condition their replacement water. However I always pump the per-conditioned water into the tank, I still do not carry buckets.

Re: where do you get your water from?

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:08 pm
by geronimo69
If your python isn't long enough... go to Home Depot or something and get 150 feet of plastic tubing for $10 and change the tube on your python. Easy and cheap. I bought the "ends" of mine second hand and bought the tube seperate. Works awesome.

Re: where do you get your water from?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:52 am
by RTR
IME, cheap plastic tubing does not work well, especially under vacuuming. Python's tubing is actually pretty high quality and is quite lasting. I still us one well over 25 years old which still has its original tubing. It is a bit discolored (a like brownish tint) but still works just fine. Having enough hose is obviously required, but having too much is inefficient and awkward.

Re: where do you get your water from?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:44 am
by geronimo69
RTR wrote:IME, cheap plastic tubing does not work well, especially under vacuuming. Python's tubing is actually pretty high quality and is quite lasting. I still us one well over 25 years old which still has its original tubing. It is a bit discolored (a like brownish tint) but still works just fine. Having enough hose is obviously required, but having too much is inefficient and awkward.

i bought the exact same tubing that the "kit" comes with. It's all "cheap" tubing, but is overpriced in the kit. Stores have all sorts of grades of plastic tubing. Also, you would measure how much you require, depending on your situation. Mine is long enough for all my tanks to reach the drain in my basement floor... It also has a bit of discolouration, but nothing major. It's at least 5 years old already (tubing).