Page 13 of 14
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:41 am
by Pufferpunk
Eyes look OK.
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:15 am
by dwdrummer415
The wholesalers had a couple of em in a tank together making his battle wounds likely from that. As far as his health he is in good shape... Has perfect water quality and has been very active lately. I also have fed him little snails but not every day. the aqualog states these puffers should only be fed like once or twice a week.all in all I'm super excited to watch this little guy grow up
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:06 pm
by FADE2BLACK_1973
Awsome little guy!! Love how be blinds in with the gravel. Still going to get me one later on.
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:27 pm
by dwdrummer415
I did a half sand, half gravel tank and he loves it. My mom actually came in the other day and was like " where is this fish at?" and he was burrowed in the sand haha
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:41 pm
by Pufferpunk
What's the gravel for?
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
by dwdrummer415
to be honest with you the tank had all gravel in it before and once i heard my fish was coming in i quickly converted the tank to half and half. I could have done all sand but as of now my Congo is in a 20 gallon with the half/half combo and will be moved into my 30 which is all sand within a few months. I just didn't want to get rid of my fluviatilis pair that is currently occupying the 30 gal. who i plan on moving to a bigger tank once i make the move with the Congo.
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:09 pm
by Pufferpunk
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:10 pm
by xrayjeeper83
I want a congo so bad
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:15 pm
by Pufferpunk
Me too!
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:08 pm
by dwdrummer415
If you guys want a congo I'm sure my store may ship out to you guys... they have 4 right now... the little ones are 50 and the one that is almost full grown is about 65 or so. interested?
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:15 am
by lesleyanndunn
I want a congo too
Im in the UK and trying to source them!
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:31 pm
by dwdrummer415
I'm going to try to get some pictures of chom during the day so everyone can see how orange he gets. I'm actually surprised as to how active he is. I always thought they just laid around.
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:39 pm
by Mac Myers
Was one on Aquabid earlier today too.
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:17 pm
by GinaGV
Hey.. do these have the same outgoing personality as the dwarf puffers? I ask because I wouldnt have to deal with having to give it live food... Could I keep one in a 20 gallon tank?
Gina
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:35 pm
by dwdrummer415
Gina, mine is currently in a 20 but it should be in a 30 gallon tank with a sandy bottom. They are very intriguing fish to watch, personally i find them way more interesting then my dwarf puffers. And when it comes to feeding, you only need to feed them once/twice a week... ranging from worms, snails, feeders, frozen food, mussel meat etc. Very outgoing fish if you have it in the right environment. But at times they just lounge around!