Page 2 of 3

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:38 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
New video!
Frozen bloodworms, so slightly boring, but his color gets better every day!

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:09 pm
by Nuclear_Glitter
I love how their eyes look when they're hunting

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:41 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
They look VERY intelligent. I've always wondered at puffer intelligence. There definitely seems to be more going on there than just hunting instinct.

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:44 pm
by fahucker
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2382602043508

Heres a link of Gilbert munching on an earthworm if you wanna see the difference between colors! :)

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:50 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
I just watched and wow is he light colored! He has that nice yellow belly, but has nice light lines. I personally love the rich reds and maroons on Ramses, but Gilbert looks beautiful! I guess there really isn't a wrong color for a Fahaka unless they are sick or stressed.

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:52 pm
by fahucker
Yeah i feel you man! Honestly if you see him at night swimming around the tank his skin stays light but his stripes get reallllllyyyy dark and it looks cool! I will see if I cant get a good pic of him at night when he turns dark! But thank you :)

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:54 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
Yeah, that would be cool. My camera takes great pictures in the dark, but I'd have to learn how to tweak it quite a bit to make any videos show up.

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:55 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
I just realized that I don't have any pics up of my other puffers! I'll have to work on that now that I have a digital camera to use.

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:58 pm
by fahucker
Well what I do is I use my phone and upload them onto photobucket using the iPhone app then post them on here :) a lot easier than sending them through email or something like that :) if you have a smartphone you might want to try that! or even just add your email as a contact on your phone then send them to your email then save them to your computer and upload them to your photobucket or tinypic and upload them!

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:10 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
That sounds like a good idea, but I unfortunately just have a free verizon phone without email or internet. It works well enough for what I need. The hard thing for me isn't necessarily taking the pictures, but remembering to upload them to my computer.

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:12 pm
by fahucker
Well save your email as a contact and send them to your email! Even though they are "HQ" they still work :)

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:26 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
You can send texts to your email? My phone only takes pictures, and I believe the camera is only 2 MP, so that's the other problem I guess. I'll have to try it though.

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:52 pm
by fahucker
Yes you can! it should show up with your phone number so itd be like 490-290-2082@vzwpix.com or something like that!

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:15 pm
by xrayjeeper83
great lookin fahakas

Re: Ramses! Video and pics!

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:46 pm
by Reaperpilot2014
Thanks! :D