Page 2 of 5
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:47 pm
by Pufferpunk
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:54 pm
by Pufferpunk
RTR wrote:the fish does need a bit more heft to my eyes
Better???

Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:05 pm
by Srkoe
BEAUTIFUL!!!
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:22 pm
by Pufferpunk
She sat under that worm feeder for 2 hours straight, until every last worm was eaten. Good TaterTot!
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:51 am
by FADE2BLACK_1973
HAHA!! I got laughed at. But anyways atleast your congo is eating. Alittle thin looking to me but that's normal when they are not eating. Btw, PP where do you get blackworms from? I have never seen any around these parts.
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:17 am
by Srkoe
I have to drive an hour to get my blackworms! Next time I think I'm gonna ask for a discount if I purchase a large quantity. I can't keep them in my house with all the puffs I have!
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:51 am
by greenspottedlover
Srkoe wrote:I have to drive an hour to get my blackworms! Next time I think I'm gonna ask for a discount if I purchase a large quantity. I can't keep them in my house with all the puffs I have!
try 3 hours

...
yah I live in the middle of nowhere.
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:39 am
by Pufferpunk
I buy a pound for $20 at my LFS about every 10 days.
Alittle thin looking to me
Not for long!
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:29 am
by RTR
A standard live blackworm feeder cone. No DP tank should be without one, or two. Nor should any Rainbowfish tank, or Tetra tank. I have literally dozens of them. The allow the worms to wiggle out slowly and drop wiggling through the water individually - irresistible to fish. Also, cheap.
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:45 am
by greenspottedlover
RTR wrote:A standard live blackworm feeder cone. No DP tank should be without one, or two. Nor should any Rainbowfish tank, or Tetra tank. I have literally dozens of them. The allow the worms to wiggle out slowly and drop wiggling through the water individually - irresistible to fish. Also, cheap.
Probably one for a 10g.?
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:51 am
by Pufferpunk
I have literally dozens of them.
Filbert keeps chewing chunks out of them!
Probably one for a 10g?
I've got one in my 10g DP tank. Otherwise, the worms all just borrow in the substrate.
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:54 am
by sevenyearnight
Pretty soon TaterTot will be a loaded baked potato.
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:09 am
by Pufferpunk
Oh no, not baked!

Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:20 pm
by xrayjeeper83
so cute, cant wait to get a congo.....Did you say that a 20L is ok for them?
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:13 pm
by sevenyearnight
Tater tots are processed and deep fried!