Page 2 of 2
Re: Say Hi from Thailand.
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:15 am
by Lil' Swimz$
Wow interesting!
Welcome aboard!
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)
Re: Say Hi from Thailand.
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:27 pm
by J-P
Thailand? isn't rainy season Sept - Oct? Similar to Malaysia or is it different?
Re: Say Hi from Thailand.
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:37 pm
by Joro_Q
Rainy season in Thailand is July - October. (First spawn is on August. Second spawn is on September.)
Re: Say Hi from Thailand.
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:45 pm
by J-P
I have heard this theory before. I just didn't know when the season was exactly. And you lower the water temp for those months? or do you keep it steady? I think in Thailand you don't need a heater most of the year.
Re: Say Hi from Thailand.
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:56 pm
by Joro_Q
I need a heater in the winter when temperature is lower than 27 C. In other season I don't need heater because weather in Thailand appropriate for them (about 28 - 30 C).
Last summer I loss 6 adult redeye because weather in Thailand is very hot (They still in my refrigerator).Temperature in my tank is about 33-34 C

. I turn on an electric fan for them 24 hours a day but they still died.
I don't want to imagine what the weather is in next year and next next year.

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:11 am
by SammyDee
aww sorry for your loss.
Some ppl with freeze an old pepsi bottle with water and let them hang in the tank or sump to chill the tank a bit. Kinda a cheap alternative to fish tank chillers.
Re: Say Hi from Thailand.
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:40 am
by pufferpuggirl
That's a good idea about the Pepsi bottles .... although I hope never to have to resort to that here in England. If it gets that hot, that would be a serious summer.

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:02 am
by PolishPuff
It only happened ones when my tank was hot.
I put ice cubes in a zip bad and dropped it in my tank
Re: Say Hi from Thailand.
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:03 am
by Pufferpunk
We need to split this thread into the Puffer Breeding forum. Is that OK with you, Joro_Q?
According to Dr Ebert's book, they are listed to do best kept in pairs.
Re: Say Hi from Thailand.
Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:52 pm
by Joro_Q
Ok, Take it to breeding forum.
Pufferpunk, Do you have any Dr.Ebert's document.? I have had a German language document that talk about redeye breeding. But I don't know where I kept.
