Page 10 of 14
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:24 pm
by dwdrummer415
If you aren't getting it, I really want it. I've been looking for a good month or two. My local store is really good about getting rare puffers in but i can't seem to find a Congo anywhere. So let me know if you are because i am ready to make the purchase today.
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:33 pm
by Pufferpunk
Where are you located? If this shop is willing to ship, maybe they can get you another one. I got mine from this guy:
oluwatoyinojo@yahoo.com
Email him.
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:03 pm
by dwdrummer415
I am in Michigan. I am willing to pay for shipping etc. obviously. but i have emailed that guy before and he is still coming up empty on congos. My local fish store has had almost every puffer this current year (even pustulatis) but congos are still coming up empty handed. I really want to get my hands on a gray one. I've had my tank cycling for a good month already.
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:05 pm
by ~reefchik~
Heheh, I better call him today.
ETA: the guy at Rehoboth emailed me back and told me to check the end of Sept. So far, nothing but he doesn't update his site very often. That would be worth a phone call, I bet.
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:08 pm
by dwdrummer415
Don't worry I won't steal your thunder haha. Let me know if your going to get it within the next few days. if not, I would be more than happy to go take it from them :]
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:39 pm
by supersean
puffer punk the guy replied back and can congo puffers live with bn
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:33 pm
by Flutter
Bristlenose plecos? No, they can't.
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:09 am
by Pufferpunk
They'll kill any fish you put in with them, no matter how large or aggressive.
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:24 pm
by dwdrummer415
Oh how i wait every week for a Congo to show and nothing :/
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:39 pm
by ~reefchik~
As soon as we get some of our forum issues addressed, I'll post photos of my new little guy!
It's not red, which I had for some reason believed it was, but I'm in love nevertheless!

This Congo is about twice the size of my first one, so my hope is that it is also older and stronger. He arrived this morning, in good shape apparently, and after a 40 minute temperature acclimation is now exploring his new 30g. habitat. I put him into my longest cycled tank, the 30 H-High (perfect water parameters right now and new media in the Fluval) and put the two modestus into my 20 High. My irrubesco is now in another 20 high in the basement. A lot of fishy moving around yesterday and today, whew.
Now I'm hoping and praying everyone will stay happy. The only casualty, if you can call them that, are one pleco and adult rainbow who are returning to Gerber's today

I hate doing that, but I'm a max capacity for tanks right now.
I CANNOT get the panda cories out of the 30 X-high. Anyone want to give me odds that the new Congo may co-exist with them indefinitely? or should I really try harder to get them out? It will require removing all the rocks and stumps in that tank which I would rather not do if I can help it.
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:47 pm
by dwdrummer415
If I had to guess about the Congo co-existing with the Cory's would be that the Congo will eventually get a hold of em. I've seen some really weird combos with congos and even my fahaka has lived with fish like cichlids and plecos... but it's all a matter of what you think will work out, but odds are he/she will eventually get them

Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:39 pm
by Pufferpunk
Stopped in that shop today to get a cray for my fahaka. The owner told me it cost as much as the fish to ship it! He also said he was looking for another one... for you maybe?
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:10 am
by ~reefchik~
Pufferpunk wrote:Stopped in that shop today to get a cray for my fahaka. The owner told me it cost as much as the fish to ship it! He also said he was looking for another one... for you maybe?
Shhhhh....don't tell my husband that. But, no, the second one is not for me. I'm happy now. He was my birthday gift to myself! I just realized, my birthday this year will be on 10-10-10

How weird is that?
Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:22 am
by ~reefchik~
The new one:
(scuze the glass algae, I think it's permanent!)
and while I'm at it, a couple shots of the other "kids":
The brackish tank (I have a background for it, really I do!)
Hanging out watching the game, or something.
Male irrubesco:
Modestus:

Re: Congo puffers
Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am
by Pufferpunk
I met him 1st!
no, the second one is not for me.
I was talking to dwdrummer415.