cannibal puffers

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
supenguin
Dwarf Puffer

cannibal puffers

Post by supenguin »

My wife and I were gone from Thursday night until early Saturday afternoon. We'd fed them a slightly larger meal than usual before leaving. We fed them again pretty much as soon as we got back. Well, the biggest one looked a little bigger than usual and the smallest one is missing, so our previously 4 puffers are down to 3. Or I should say were down to 3. My wife decided she wanted to get some more. I was just going to get 3 more, but that would've only left one and the tank at the pet store. I couldn't just leave him there! So yeah, now we have 7 DP's in a 20 gallon tank. They seem pretty happy in there. Time to turn on the "No Vacancy" sign.

-Kenny
Pamela
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by Pamela »

How big is that tank? Don't push your luck. Were the new DPs from the same batch as your present ones? Just worried about introducing pathogens into the tank.
Pami.
supenguin
Dwarf Puffer

tank

Post by supenguin »

I now have 6 dwarf puffers in a 20 gallon tank. I had 7, but my wife was messing with this castle aquarium ornament. Sadly, our smallest puffer got curious at about the same time my wife dropped the ornament :cry:

-Kenny
Bred
Former Staff Member

Post by Bred »

:shock:
supenguin
Dwarf Puffer

death by castle

Post by supenguin »

Yeah, what a way to go - death by someone accidentally dropping a castle on your head! :shock: :shock: :!:

-Kenny
Pamela
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by Pamela »

It's what he would've wanted, how aristocratic can you get...I'm sure us lot over here had a special name for death by castle falling on head. I reckon a few of my forbears went the same way.......
Sorry about that...poor little dude.
Pami.
wannapuffer-20g
Dwarf Puffer

Post by wannapuffer-20g »

yah that is pretty cruddy way to die.

just look up and see a random castle.

did he puff up?
supenguin
Dwarf Puffer

Post by supenguin »

No, he didn't puff up. I think he didn't have time to before he got hit by the castle, and was too injured to puff up afterward. If anyone comes up with a good name for "death by castle falling on your head" be sure to let me know.

-Kenny
Feathers&Fins
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Pufferless since Nova passed; had 2 red T.miuris, 4 T.biocellatus for many years.
Location (country): KY (USA)

Post by Feathers&Fins »

Oh, dear… like an upperclass version of the Wizard of Oz.

Sorry to hear of the accident.
wannapuffer-20g
Dwarf Puffer

Post by wannapuffer-20g »

how about

DBC

death by castle
freshpuffer1
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: A Pea puffer named Puffy, another Pea puffer named Puff, and a Amazon puffer named Cheeto.
Location (country): America, Georgia

Re: cannibal puffers

Post by freshpuffer1 »

Feel sorry about that little guy. But is funny though. The death, it is just, you know, is an unusual way to die. Hope your puffers grow well!
And maybe, Crushed.