Pea Puffer Breeding

Are your puffers feeling a little naughty & lil ones are the result? Post your findings here!
wilk.clau12
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Canada

Pea Puffer Breeding

Post by wilk.clau12 »

So a few months ago I bought 3 pea puffers to get rid of my snail population. It worked very well. I do not currently know the sex of them as the things i found on Google are contradicting. I didn't intend to breed them at all but I looked in my tank and there's at least 20-30 babies. I honestly don't really want more babies and don't know what to do at all. Does anyone know how I can sex them and what I can do with all the babies. I have a 36 gal with just 1 Molly and 1 swordtail in there. Will they continue to breed without any intervention?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Pea Puffer Breeding

Post by Pufferpunk »

Is the molly or swordtail female? DP babies are like a speck of dust. They would be very difficult to feed.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Emily99
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Uk

Re: Pea Puffer Breeding

Post by Emily99 »

Any chance you live in London, I’ll take 4 off your hands, I’m looking to buy captive bred instead of wild caught and I’m struggling to find!