Greetings

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
puffpuffpuff
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Ohio, United States

Greetings

Post by puffpuffpuff »

Hello everyone,

I have been reading a few articles on here over the past few months looking for guidance and have finally sat down to take the time to join the forum. Not sure what's stopped me from joining until now considering all the questions and concerns I've had about and for my puffer the last few months.

I want to start off by sharing a little bit of my puffer begging story. I became a GSP owner very quickly and didn't have much knowledge whatsoever on pufferfish and their care needed. I made the big mistake of thinking; well how hard could it actually be. Well, quite a bit more than expected but i persevered! Ended up doing extensive research, getting my water parameters to an appropriate level, getting the correct food supplies for my puff and so on. From the beginning of this journey, I had 4 GSP's which were all doing quite well together (they were babies) And yes ive read countless times that it is far from recommended to keep more than one GSP in the size tank i had at the time due to the size the puffs will grow to. Unfortunately, and for some, expectedly, 3 passed on and it could be human error (me) but knowing how my 1 puff is now and *her lil attitude i believe *she may have had something to do with it. Ever since the 1st passed which we named Mr. and Ms. puff respectively (of course right) and it became even more fitting when our "Ms. Puff" had something to do with the death of Mr. Puff (SpongeBob reference).

As of now (about 6 months of having puff, or Ms. puff if you will) she seems to be doing exceptionally healthy. I have 4 mollies and 1 guppy that keep her company and surprisingly enough 4 snails that she hasn't eaten in a couple months. Puff has had more "friends" in the past but like with her other puff brethren, I believe she did not care for them much and turned them into a snack at some point. But for some reason she seems to enjoy the company of the others with her now as they have been with her since day one of her arrival to me. Puff recently became a godparent to about 30 mollie fry a week ago but I think she views them more as dinner than god children or god fry? not sure the correct wording on that yet. The reason for saying that is I believe I have noticed numbers dwindling the last couple days and I'm almost positive of the culprit.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Greetings

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
Did you have a question?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"