How to activate a bored puffer

A place to discuss general puffer care or news.
Troender
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).

How to activate a bored puffer

Post by Troender »

Ragnhild, my cutcutia is stressing a lot by the side glass in her tank these days. I wonder if there is something I can do to make life more exciting for her. Her tank is full of places to hide and explore. She doesn't handle change well at all. After I put two new plants in her tank, she hid for almost a week. But I wish there was something to do that will give me the chance to interact with her, so her life is more interesting for her too. She has calmed down to me now, and probably consider me a friend, unless I make any scary sounds, that is. ;-)
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: How to activate a bored puffer

Post by Pufferpunk »

Make sure he has a cave.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Troender
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).

Re: How to activate a bored puffer

Post by Troender »

She has several. Her tank used to be a catfish tank, so there's lots of caves! Luckily she has calmed down the last days. She has stopped window surfing. Which is very good, because in days we will be moving! Across half of Norway! And Ragnhild handles changes very poorly, so I am very nervous how she will handle staying 24 hours in a bucket, travelling some of that time.
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin